title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

cd ripper meta data not correct (using dbpoweramp reference)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpastern
    • Sep 2014

cd ripper meta data not correct (using dbpoweramp reference)

Ripping disc 2 Taylor Swift Speak Now Deluxe Edition, it doesn't recognise the artist artist and composer correctly, nor album art. Worse, tracks 7 and 8 metadata isn't correct - these are Back to December (US version) and The Story of Us (US version). The "US version" data is omitted, which makes it difficult to differentiate them from the same tracks on disc 1 (which are different mixes). Now, this is a NZ version of the disc, not a US version (and the mixes are different between regions around the world) and I think that this is partly why it's not working it out correctly. However, "The Story of US (US version)" has a different track time to the normal version on disc 1, so it still should have been spotted imho...

Which leads me onto my questions...

1) when initially ripping, I marked the main disc "album" as being "Speak Now Deluxe edition" rather than the auto detected "Speak Now", and it being disc 1/2...I then ripped disc 2, using the same album name, but disc 2/2...the resultant rip had all of the songs from both discs in the same parent folder, should they have not been in separate folders?

2) I wanted to be able to right click and edit the song titles prior to ripping to correct them (adding the "US version") to tracks 7 and 8 on disc 2...but I could not figure out a way of doing so.

In the end, I just ripped disc 2 with the incorrect song titles for tracks 7 and 8, and then manually changed the file names after the rip, and also changed the text file in the folder to match the file names...

now having used both foobar and itunes to rip the same album before (but in mp3 format), they both detected the file names correctly. I would have expected dbpoweramp to have done so out of the box...

So, how can I simply edit the track name before ripping the song(s)? Is lumping all of the songs into the one parent folder on my initial attempt the right way that dbpoweramp should be doing this? I personally don't think so, since if I marked the main disc as disc 1/2 and the 2nd disc as disc 2/2, it should have kept them in separate output folders imho.

Curious to see what the answers are to my questions. I'm completely new to dbpoweramp and I really like it. Glad I bought it. But, like any user, it didn't quite do what I expected it to do, in the manner that I expected it to do, and now I need to wrap my head around why this is so.

Cheers,

Dave
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: cd ripper meta data not correct (using dbpoweramp reference)

Click the 'Review Metadata' button, one of the other providers might have that disc correct.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dpastern
      • Sep 2014

Re: cd ripper meta data not correct (using dbpoweramp reference)

Originally posted by Spoon
      Click the 'Review Metadata' button, one of the other providers might have that disc correct.
      I'll have to find that button (sorry, I'm still finding my way around the application). I REALLY do like it though - especially the modularity. Thank you for your hard work developing it.

Dave

Comment

Working...

]]>