title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems ripping after update from R13.5 to R15.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AFus8569
    • Sep 2014

Problems ripping after update from R13.5 to R15.1

I just updated to R15.1 after using R13.5 without incident for several years and have been having problems. Although my external drive (Sony DRU-800A) supports C2 error pointers (and has done so rather well in the past), I can no longer rip a single accurate track with R15.1 unless that option is disabled. Every track on each CD I have attempted (including brand new ones) calls for 1000s of frames to be re-ripped after all ultra-secure passes have been attempted. I really don't want to permanently disable that functionality. In disgust I uninstalled 15.1 and reinstalled 13.5 and everything works perfectly again. Any advice to correct this problem will be greatly appreciated.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Problems ripping after update from R13.5 to R15.1

Try the 8kb over usb option next to c2 pointers.

Comment

• AFus8569
      • Sep 2014

I just tried it and, unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I just looked at the ripping code, comparing r13 to r15, it is identical except r15 uses a 64KB boundry aligned buffer and r13 uses 4kb. It will not be this.

It is likely something on your system does not like c2 pointers + usb + a 64 bit program (that R15 is), you can uninstall R15 and force the 32 bit version to install by holding the right shift key whist running the install.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AFus8569
          • Sep 2014

Still no luck. I know the 32-bit version installed since the destination was the (x86) version of program files. I even used the Uninstaller Tool to wipe all traces of the previous installations and registry files. This seems to be a mystery. Looks like I may have no option but to fully revert to 13.5.

Comment

Working...

]]>