title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: flac tracks randomly appearing twice on yamaha receiver

flac tracks randomly appearing twice on yamaha receiver

Hi All,

I just purchased and installed the reference version of db poweramp and have ripped my first 10 cd's to FLAC. I've set the program up pretty much per spoon's helfpul article on the page. I'm using a Yamaha RX-A1030 receiver for playback and for some reason on a number of the albums there are three or four tracks which appear twice (and play twice) when accessed through the Yamaha. On my NAS they definitely only appear once. Until now I've been using MP3 files ripped by windows media player and have never seen this issue before.

I've googled and see a lot of people talk about issues with tags, but reviewing the tags by right clicking in windows explorer and selecting 'edit tag' I can't see any differences between songs which only show once and the ones which show twice.

Hoping someone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction. Not keen to have to skip songs manually during playback or listen to many of them twice in a row.

Cheers

Stephan

Administrator

Re: flac tracks randomly appearing twice on yamaha receiver

It will not be tags, because 1 file = one set of tags. It should not be possible to get a single file to list twice with one set of tags.

I suggest you install PerfectTUNES and run the de-dup, point it at the NAS, it will show if there really are any duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It will not be tags, because 1 file = one set of tags. It should not be possible to get a single file to list twice with one set of tags.

I suggest you install PerfectTUNES and run the de-dup, point it at the NAS, it will show if there really are any duplicates.

Hi Spoon...thanks for the quick reply. I tried it this morning. Perfect tunes agrees with windows explorer and reports no duplicates. Any other thoughts? Firmware on the Yamaha?? Weird this doesn't happen on MP3 rips from Media player. I might have a fiddle today and try using dbpoweramp ro rip some mp3s and see if that is better. I have 500 CDs to do, so keen to crack it. Let me know if you think of anything else to check. Thanks again. Stephan

Hi again...Thanks for the quick response. I have solved this now. The issue was with the media server on the NAS. Somehow the index is getting mixed up when I rip straight to NAS. A manual re-scan of the folders to put the DLNA database right fixed it. Not sure how you close a thread or mark it solved, but I'm sorted. Thanks. Great program too - dbpoweramp. Cheers