title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Extracting jpeg from ripped file

Extracting jpeg from ripped file

I am using an MPD client that can't consistently read the album art from dBpoweramp ripped files.

Is there a way to get this ripped art into an external jpeg that I can attach to the album folder? Right now I have to go and re-find the album art on the internet and copy the jpeg to the file. Since some of these discs are rare, this is not always possible. So the art is IN the album metadata, but I can't extract it so my mpd program can read it.

This is particularly bad with classical music where the tracks can appear in more that one list depending upon the sort criteria.

Administrator

Re: Extracting jpeg from ripped file

Visit Codec Central and install 'Update ID Tag' utility codec, then convert all your files to this (using Batch Converter) there is an option in this codec to export folder.jpg

Re: Extracting jpeg from ripped file

Thanks for the help. It works! I have been able to add a jpeg folder to all 4500 of my cd's. I only wish I had asked the question earlier.