title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album details show different artist

Album details show different artist

Using Asset UPnP with Naiam Unity2, MacBook Pro & N-stream App.

My Milos album "Aranjuez" plays fine but album details on N-Steam App are for a Miles Davis album that I do not even own,
    Quite a few albums have this problem.

Also a Bob Dylan album contains all albums beginning with B & all "Best of" albums.

Any Ideas Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Album details show different artist

Try using a 2nd control point to verify what Asset is giving out, install Kinsky on the ipad. When browsing (not playing) the Milos album shows as Miles Davis?

Thanks, but where is 2nd control point, do I install Kinsky ,whatever that is on I phone or Macbook Pro ?

The Milos album "The Guitar" shows "Various Artists" when playing and album details are "JohnnGuitat watson" when playing,
    and Miles Davis album details for Milos "Aranjuez"album, when browsing.

If you have an answer to this please keep it simple. Thanks.

Administrator

Install on the iPhone, you get from the App store.

Sorry but that does not work with my Naim Uniti 2, or do I have to uninstall the n-stream app ?

Administrator

It does not have to work with the Uniti, just so you can browse asset from a different program to verify what is shown.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It does not have to work with the Uniti, just so you can browse asset from a different program to verify what is shown.
    Hi there,
    being also a user of Naim's n-Stream, I think there is some misunderstanding on Haiden Pitt's initial question. As far as I know n-Stream, when playing any piece of music there are shown the main album and title metadata as well as the image (usually the album's front cover), which are most often part of the ripped file.

But n-Stream additionally provides on this panel a button named "Info", which, as far as I know, when pressed connects with an interface provided by AMG ("Allmusic") and assembles something like a "real time CD booklet", which contains more detailed info on artists, similar albums, a link to your localized Amazon store etc. These additional infos are great if the AMG data returned are from the correct album, which obviouly depend on the search string which is sent to the AMG interface.

n-Stream offers the possibility to change the surch string ( e.g. if the button "Find album ?" is pressed, you may select from other albums found or you may change the search string in an entry field, which is then submitted to AMG). A nice addition would be if n-Stream remembered your selection, which it does not do within the actual release (e.g. by storing the unique ID of the CD within the data cached on the iPad or other iDevice).

This may be compared to the reliability of e.g. dBpoweramp when finding the respective album art: If you are looking for more suitable results, you will find that if 90 cover art pictures are presented, only 5 of them are concerning the actual album, and the rest often makes you wonder how they could be associated with the album art you were looking for. It obviously depends on how seriously the database infos are collected by the respective provider. Since anyone of us may use her/his own naming standards within album metadata, the results on the returned infos may be different from what was originally expected.

For further informations, the 1st picture within the iTunes store concerning n-Stream show the "Info" button, and the 4th picture shows what is hopefully returned as booklet page 2and 3. Even the album art shining through is provided by AMG, and if there is no album art within the AMG data, an empty cover will be presented, irrespective of what is contained in your own title's metadata.

By this I hope that it is clarified now that this nice addendum of n-Stream does not concern the data provided by Asset UPnP, as Asset only provides the album metadata available from your server and not the data returned by AMG when the "Info" button is pressed.

Regards,
    Niko

Sorry for stealing your thread, but I may have the same problem. I found out, that random albums have different artists or album artists even then set the same, but the problem is much more random and nondeterministic.
    Asset UPnP 4.3. Local or service does not matter.
    I have added Album Artist / Album beside Artist / Album.

Problem *1.
    Although not compilation and Album artist and Artist tags are the same, it is listed differently. I did noticed first on AC/DC collection.
    http://ovjih.net/aukro/01.Live%20Wire.mp3
    Try this mp3
    I intentionally changed Artist = Album Artist tag to : Accdc
    Under UPnP list
    Artist / Album // All Artists // accdc
    Album Artist / Album // All Album Artists // accdc
    Album Artist / Album // All Album Artists // AC/DC - ? What, where does it go from ?

Maybe cache ? I tried complete uninstall and also deleting program settings folder, no change.
    The mp3 has only idv2 tag, checked multiple times using tag&rename and EasyTAG

Problem *2.
    On Compilation albums, all tags are in certain correct, random albums have just VA or Various in Album Artist instead of Various Artists. I do not understand why.

Maybe cache ?
    Is there any other program config beside ?
    c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMe diaLibrary\

Thank you

Administrator

For the mp3 file it had an album artist set as:

Accdc; AC/DC

Ie 2 artists.

For problem 2 it is likely the album artist is set to VA

Hi, thanks for a very comprehensive answer & I presume from that that there is nothing that can be done to correct it.

Administrator

The AD/DC is an issue which R5 of Asset will solve, it is splitting to 2 artists AC and DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The AD/DC is an issue which R5 of Asset will solve, it is splitting to 2 artists AC and DC.
    I believe that the problem is really different and has not been understood. I have no problem with splitting "/" but with mystery album artists entries on well tagged mp3. Anyway sorry for stealing the thread. I'll start up a new one and you can delete also this message.