title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Rip as One" and alternative metadata sources

"Rip as One" and alternative metadata sources

I am interested in ripping a large collection of non-commercial discs using dBpoweramp and two acronova Nimbies. They are hour-long recordings that are segmented for previewing purposes, but I am interested in having the recording ripped to a single file.

Further, I have a tab-delimited text file of metadata to construct file names and directories. This metadata should be applied as a stack of CDs is ripped sequentially.

1. Can "Rip as One" be incorporated as part of the Batch Ripper functionality? From what I can tell from the forum, it cannot. I would like to avoid slowing down throughput by trying to script concatenation of files after ripping the individual tracks.

2. Is it be possible to read metadata from a source other than an online database? I see here you suggest tagging the file headers with a script, but I would like them to be named and mapped to the correct directory based on the values of my text document. I already have a separate script for embedding BWF headers.

Many thanks in advance for your help. I realize these functions are already part of the MFDigital Ripstation suite.

Administrator

Re: "Rip as One" and alternative metadata sources

1. It cannot
    2. We have no provision for this.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1. It cannot
    2. We have no provision for this.
    once files are ripped, mp3tag can import tag data from a CVS or excel file into the file tags. One can "map" things so that the tag fields end up properly assigned from the data file. I often use this for tagging live shows where I only have a text file or spreadsheet with track info. Note that mp3 will handle mp3, flac, and other codecs. You can get it here.

http://download.mp3tag.de/mp3tagv263setup.exe

Administrator

If you look in the beta section of this forum, there is the Cue image format codec, that can be set to rip the disc as one file.

Many thanks for your helpful replies. I am approaching a solution for renaming sequentially ripped files. I would like to know if there is a way to create a tag that will display the letter name of the drive the disc was ripped from. My current naming schema looks like this:

[tag]BatchID[]_[date]\_[tag]BatchDiscNumber[]_[date]_[time]

I am running two drives, and my collection has no metadata. It would be helpful if I could add a tag in the file name that would give the drive letter from which the disc was ripped so that I can rename the files from a sequential inventory list with a script post-ripping. Is creating such a tag possible? I am open to other solutions as well.

Administrator

The source drive letter is not available to naming.

You can set each ripper with a different path...

Thank you for that suggestion. It is unclear to me the best way to go about setting a different path for each ripper. I am ripping with 2 Nimbies using the CUE Single File Image codec encoding to WAV. If I try to create different CUE Single File Image Encoder Settings for each CD drive, they do not persist as I switch between drives. Any further help is appreciated.

I have taken a look at the Multiencoder as well, and don't see any obvious solutions in those settings.

Administrator

Sorry I did not realize you were using batch ripper, I thought was using two CD rippers.

Yes, sorry, I should have clarified: I would like to be able to run a stack of discs through each Nimbie, and identify them sequentially so that they can be batch-renamed according to an inventory list. I thought the [unique] tag would help with this, but I found that it does not generate a unique number for each disc. In my tests, it just named each file "1" and so all but the final disc's digital file was overwritten.