title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: R15 Trial - No Secure Ripping

R15 Trial - No Secure Ripping

After installing the trial on Win7 x64, I started the CD Ripper and proceeded to configure the default folders, coded, DSP, etc.

However, when attempting to rip a disc, I am only allowed to choose 'Burst' mode - 'Secure' mode is grayed out.

I read another forum post in which Spoon suggested running as Administrator. This enables 'Secure' mode, but eliminates all of my configuration modifications, not to mention the fact that no program should require Administrator privileges as a matter of routine. If the Ripper will always require running as Admin even after registering, there is no point in continuing the trial, as purchasing is not an option.

Is there a means by which I can run the trial of Ripper as a standard user and use 'Secure' Mode?

Thanks,

--HiT

Administrator

Re: R15 Trial - No Secure Ripping

Make your Account Administrator, run dBpoweramp Configuration, then set back to Limited User.

Re: R15 Trial - No Secure Ripping

FWIW, this didn't work until I reinstalled the Trial over itself while my account had Admin status. Just changing the account to admin status did not allow me to enable secure ripping, use DSP effects, etc.

Thanks for the lead.