title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Error Writing to File" error

"Error Writing to File" error

I have used dbpoweramp for a number of years and find it generally superb.

Like many I have found the album art I used years ago to often be too low a resolution for 2014. But daunted by working out which ones to upgrade in a collection of 800+ albums.

PerfectTUNES looks ideal. I have installed it and run it. It has correctly identified 300 album folders with low resolution art. However when I click Fix or Fix Albums it marks them up as Error Writing to File. The album folder still contains the old artwork.

All the folders are stored on a QNAP NAS which is easily accessible. Could it be a permissions issue? I read on the forums this may not be as reliable way to update as a local hard disk. I have 300 low resolution albums out of 829 albums. Surely I don't have to copy them all to a local hard disk in FLAC, ALAC and MP3 format before fixing them?

Incidentally I noticed Spoon say that the programme defaults to embedding artwork and adding a jpg to folder. How do I know what dbpoweramp was doing in the first place. How can I tell from a music file whether its embedded?

Hope you can help

lyono23

Administrator

Re: "Error Writing to File" error

>Could it be a permissions issue?

Yes, most likely perfect tunes cannot write to the files.

To see if art is embedded, remove the folder.jpg file, then right click on a track >> Edit ID Tags, if artwork shows it is from internal.