title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Why can't I add album art I already have?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeintorquay
    • Aug 2014

Why can't I add album art I already have?

I have dBpoweramp CD Ripper, and PerfectTUNES Album Art. I have an album, already ripped before but with no album art in the mp3s. I do, however, have the artwork which I have downloaded from the web. This is a 1024 x 1024 image.
    Problem. If I run PerfectTUNES Album Art and point it at the ripped album, it doesn't find the artwork. Click on 'Fix' and it goes to the web and 'requests' images. NONE of them have anything to do with the album, not even similar in any way. The jpg is in the folder, and in the parent folder. PerfectTUNES Album Art never looks here.
    If I use dBpoweramp CD Ripper and there is no art, I can load from the internet, from a file on my computer, and even scan the album art in from my scanner.
    Simple question. Why can't I do the same with PerfectTUNES Album Art?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Why can't I add album art I already have?

We have the wish list section of this forum to request such additions.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mikeintorquay
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      We have the wish list section of this forum to request such additions.
      Dear Spoon, with respect, that answer, not only does not address my question, it also insults my intelligence.
      The idea that in order to have commonality between two products from the same stable, I should have to request it, is ridiculous.
      It's not as if the program can even manage to find the same art for the same album. Given 'George Michael - Twenty Five' which contains 3 CDs, 44 tracks in all, it can't find a consistant album art. All the ID-Tags say George Michael as the artist, and Twenty-Five as the album, but the PerfectTUNES comes up with the correct album art for CD 1, 53 incorrect album art files for CD 2 and 37 incorrect album art files for CD 3.
      Hence the desire to do what the program clearly can't. Provide the correct album art file.
      Instead of trying to fob me off with an insulting one liner, could I please request a sensible, constructive answer to my question?

Comment

• RickGaud
        • Nov 2014

I'm having the same issue and not impressed with PerfectTunes accuracy of finding art covers! I can find the album by Googling the album name and find the cover and can save it but unfortunately I still have no way to attached to the songs - FIX should be labelled NO FIX! We should be able to import an image for an album cover if PerfectTunes can't find it. Oh, I will be copying this in the wish list - hopefully something will be done soon.

I've just purchased this software yesterday and will be requesting a refund.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mikeintorquay
          Dear Spoon, with respect, that answer, not only does not address my question, it also insults my intelligence.
          The idea that in order to have commonality between two products from the same stable, I should have to request it, is ridiculous.
          It's not as if the program can even manage to find the same art for the same album. Given 'George Michael - Twenty Five' which contains 3 CDs, 44 tracks in all, it can't find a consistant album art. All the ID-Tags say George Michael as the artist, and Twenty-Five as the album, but the PerfectTUNES comes up with the correct album art for CD 1, 53 incorrect album art files for CD 2 and 37 incorrect album art files for CD 3.
          Hence the desire to do what the program clearly can't. Provide the correct album art file.
          Instead of trying to fob me off with an insulting one liner, could I please request a sensible, constructive answer to my question?
          I think you misinterpret Spoon and there is nothing insulting about his "one liner". There is in fact a wishlist forum. And Spoon often directs people to post there for changes they are seeking to the existing program. Rather than "fobbing people off" this is for efficiency (all requested changes showing up in one place rather than buried in many different threads). After all, this is not a company with dozens of employees.

By the way, over the years I've seen many of the wishlist requests come to fruition with changes to programs.

Comment

• mikeintorquay
            • Aug 2014

I disagree garym. I still feel that asking for commonality between products from Illustrate is not an unreasonable expectation.
            The fact that for the same album, the program comes up with a total of 88 incorrect album covers for 2 CDs of the same set, but can come up with the correct album cover for the 3rd CD is the crux of the problem.
            The idea that I should have to 'request' a feature so that the program can actually do what it is supposed to do is plainly ridiculous!

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

I disagree garym. I still feel that asking for commonality between products from Illustrate is not an unreasonable expectation.
              The fact that for the same album, the program comes up with a total of 88 incorrect album covers for 2 CDs of the same set, but can come up with the correct album cover for the 3rd CD is the crux of the problem.
              The idea that I should have to 'request' a feature so that the program can actually do what it is supposed to do is plainly ridiculous!
              You're in luck. Someone did post this suggestion for artwork feature improvement in the wishlist forum. And spoon responded that this is planned for future versions. See:
              Are there any plans to add the album art options to PefectTUNES - Album Art that are in dBpoweramp - CD Ripper? Specifically the options: Load (from File) and Paste (from Clipboard). It seems weird that the only option is the "Fix" option: Choose (from Internet). Otherwise the programs are very good. This was

Comment

Working...

]]>