title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Errors when ripping

Errors when ripping

I haven't used my ripper for about two years...now when ripping all tracks get errors...sometimes I rerip and a track or two will rip and others get errors. I have limited computer skils btw. any help is appreciated.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 02 - Blues City Shake Down.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 02 - Blues City Shake Down.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 01 - Mr James.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 01 - Mr James.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 03 - They Call It Stormy Monday.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 03 - They Call It Stormy Monday.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 05 - Looking Back.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 05 - Looking Back.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 04 - So Many Roads.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\nasbunner\media\Music\John Mayall\Looking Back\John Mayall - 04 - So Many Roads.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Errors when ripping

I get a fair number of these same errors. My system has 32 GB of RAM so it has nothing to do with memory usage, etc.

These only started happening after I upgraded to Windows 8.1. I have Asset UPnP and foobar2000 running, either of which could be looking at (and locking) the new music files (FLAC, of course).

Thanks,
    Mike

I guess I should have mentioned I am using XP . Prior to this recent problem...I ripped over 700 cd's with limited problems over the course of two years on the same machine. I went dormant for two years and came back and now this problem.

I do have a laptop with windows 7...I may try and load the ripper on it and try....just didn't want to do that.

Administrator

The issue is your NAS is not allowing your Windows computer to write to it any more, browse to it using Windows Explorer and enter the username and password once more to re-establish access.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

In my case, I'm not using a NAS. I'm using an external USB 3.0 drive. Only 2 or 3 tracks out of 10 will give that error, and re-ripping just those tracks always works.

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The issue is your NAS is not allowing your Windows computer to write to it any more, browse to it using Windows Explorer and enter the username and password once more to re-establish access.
    Ok did that and was able to get one cd to rip with only errors on two tracks....reripped a couple of times and got them to rip. Next cd not so lucky...took about 10 times thru to get all the tracks. My desk top is really old and slow...I am thinking that is the problem. Good excuse to upgrade it now.

Administrator

It is more likely the issue is with the nas not your computer, the speed of the computer should not change the ability to write to a network share. It is the NAS which is refusing access.

You could always rip to your local Music folder then move the albums to the NAS when finished ripping.

Makes sense. I just replaced a drive on the Readynas duo.

Any ideas on where to start on trouble shooting the nas?

Administrator

I have no idea, sorry.