title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Let me start over...still have a question regarding a NAS drive visbility

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gavin Hadley
    • Feb 2014

Let me start over...still have a question regarding a NAS drive visbility

I have a QNAP NAS drive on my local network. It's attached to an ethernet hub and in the past when I click on "my computer" it would show up under "network". Now it doesn't show at all after repeated reboots, disconnecting and reconnecting etc. so no longer can I add FLAC files that I rip in dbpoweramp. It still shows up on my iPad when the Naim app n-Serve is selected. If anyone knows of a work around for this problem I would much appreciate your support. I just need a way to load my FLAC files on to the NAS drive . Thank you in advance!

Sorry for starting a new thread but I was afraid the first may get lost...thanks and sorry for my ineptitude!
  • Gavin Hadley
    • Feb 2014

Re: Let me start over...still have a question regarding a NAS drive visbility

My QNAP drive has an ethernet jack and two USB 3.0 jacks. The Naim music server needs to address the NAS drive via IP address. Since the drive is not showing up on "network" under "my computer" how about attaching the NAS drive to my USB hub so files can be transferred that way? Would it be ok to have both the ethernet connection and the USB connection at the same time? Sorry for being such a pc dunce. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Try logging into the qnap control center using your web browser and make sure the network sharing is enabled.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Gavin Hadley
        Sorry for starting a new thread but I was afraid the first may get lost...
        No, they don't get lost. And it's easier to troubleshoot if the conversation's all in one place.

Comment

Working...

]]>