title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Wrong View Genre (show Genre as numbers)

Wrong View Genre (show Genre as numbers)

Hi folks,

i am looking for a powerful upnp server for my music library (approx. 2000 albums) and i discovered asset upnp. Unfortunatly, asset upnp shows weird numbers in the default genre view. Please help, i tried to set the genre in the affected cd's new but with no help. I am using Mac's, runnning the latest OSX version and the latest asset upnp version available for download. I have attached a screenshot for better understanding, i see these number with several upnp clients. With Twonky Server (My standart upnp server), i do not see these numbers in the genre view.

Thank you for help,
    Sascha

PS. The reason for looking @ asset upup are my classic music cd's The main choosing parameter for classical music is the composer, therefore i like to choose over the genre/composer structure: genre/composer/album. Should be a default view in upnp servers.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Wrong View Genre (show Genre as numbers)

What are your audio tracks? FLAC?

Hello Spoon,
    thanks for asking, just plain mp3.....

Administrator

Please email one of these mp3 files:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Hello Spoon,

just an update, i encoded today 4 cd's with the newest itunes (MP3, 320 KB) and again asset showes genre by numbers. This defintly a bug within Asset Upnp, since other servers like Twonky or Tag editor like Kid3 can display the genre correctly when encoded with itunes. Altough i can "repair" the genre by manually "overriding" the genre value with kid3 on Mac, this is very annoying and leads to errors. Please patch asset to handle correctly the genre entries written by itunes, thanks.

Sascha

Administrator

We have updated our mp3 decoder, R5 of Asset will have this update (I think the next beta update, which is soon)