title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error: Unable to locate Primera robot

Error: Unable to locate Primera robot

Hello,
    I know that this is a well-worn topic. I purchased a Bravo Pro Disk Publisher, and am unable to get DBPoweramp to find the robot. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the both the DBPA Primera batch ripper drivers, the batch ripper and the Primera Windows drivers. I have also upgraded the firmware on the printer. Both the calibration utility and PTPublisher work; I even ripped a few disks with PTPublisher without incident.
    The machine that I have dedicated to this purpose also has a Kodak Kiosk attached, which continues to work well. I have unconfigured all drives in the Batchrip-configuration and reconfigured the Primera drives exclusively with the same result:
    Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Primera\Load\ Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="F" --logfile="C:\Users\eric.KI\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB9A A7.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\eric.KI\AppData\Local\Tem p\dBB9AA8.tmp"
    Running...
    Primera Looking For Drive:F
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'F', please check connection.
    PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

Testing Complete

And also…

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Primera\Load\ Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="G" --logfile="C:\Users\eric.KI\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB6A CA.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\eric.KI\AppData\Local\Tem p\dBB6ACB.tmp"
    Running...
    Primera Looking For Drive:G
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'G', please check connection.

Testing Complete

I have also tried reversing the drive letters with the same results.

Any help and or guidance would be appreciated!

Administrator

Re: Error: Unable to locate Primera robot

The Bravo Pro Disk Publisher you have, it is connected by USB?

Hi Spoon,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the interface is USB.

Administrator

Which Windows version do you have?

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Administrator

The issue here is that the Primera drivers are returning a robot, but no CD drives, and I am not sure why this is. Check that the account you are running in has administrator access rights.

I am logged in with full admin rights. I have run the batch ripper configuration utility executable explicitly "as administrator," even though user account control never asks for permission. I can see and configure the drives in batch ripper. I have tried both the Primera and Primera kiosk drivers. Same results. This machine is a clean install with all Windows updates. Again, PTPublisher works fine. The calibration utility accurately controls the robot, too. I have tried to resolve this for days with no change in the results.

I have since disconnected all of the CD's attached to the machine, uninstalled and reinstalled the batch ripper and batch ripper Primera drivers, and the windows printer drivers and have the exact same problem.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Administrator

Sorry I do not have any other suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Sorry I do not have any other suggestions.
    Hi,

I have just purchased the full version going on the comatibility claim with the Primera Bravo PRO Robot and drives and have struggled to get this working as I get the same error as above. I have now come across this thread and considering it is claimed to be compatible I am a bit dissapointed by your response? Has this ever been looked into properly?
    I have tried Win7/8 and Server2008R2 (Vista base), re-lettering drives etc. with no success. PTPublisher from Primera works fine on all of these seeing the drives and the robot.

Can the older versions of Batch Ripper be made available to test with? I can only find 3.5.

Administrator

Post your test log please.

Post your test log please.
    Thanks, here you go:

Drive1
    Primera:
    ========
    Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'F', please check connection.

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Primera\Load\ Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="F" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\dB B5729.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\2\dBB572A.tmp"
    Running...
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'F', please check connection.

Testing Complete

Primera Kiosk:
    ==============
    Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'F', please check connection.

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Primera-kiosk\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="F" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\dB B4C24.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\2\dBB4C25.tmp"
    Running...

Testing Complete

Drive2:
    Primera:
    ========
    Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'G', please check connection.

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Primera\Load\ Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="G" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\dB BEAC5.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\2\dBBEAC6.tmp"
    Running...
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'G', please check connection.

Testing Complete

Primera Kiosk:
    ==============
    Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'G', please check connection.

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Primera-kiosk\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="G" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\dB B8244.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\2\dBB8245.tmp"
    Running...

Testing Complete

The temp files referenced abve for the log output do not exist?

Have attached a debug file I found which I believe is related in that destination folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sterb; 11-27-2014 at 07:19 AM. Reason: attachment

Administrator

There does not seem to be anything we can do for this error, the system is not returning any drives to the SDK. Perhaps a permissions issue? Try running batch ripper as administrator, right click on it >> Run as Administrator.

There does not seem to be anything we can do for this error, the system is not returning any drives to the SDK. Perhaps a permissions issue? Try running batch ripper as administrator, right click on it >> Run as Administrator.
    Hi I have tried this with no luck, PTPublisher does not run under any elevated permissions and this works fine?

Hi,

is there any more on this?