title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't see files (which are in fact there)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Can't see files (which are in fact there)

A few months ago I bought a new computer, and hadn't set up CDWriter until now. I have reference 15 installed, the bought-and-paid-for version.

CDWriter insisted on installing in an incorrect folder, but I was eventually able to get it installed in the same folder as music converter. I'm now able to start CDWriter.

However, when I navigate to the location of the files I want to burn to an audio CD no files are recognized by CDWriter. They are there -- I can see them in Explorer and play them using any of the players I have. But they do not show up in the CDWriter dialog.

I have the same files in two separate locations on my computer, so I tried the other location. Exactly the same thing. NO MUSIC FILES ARE SEEN BY CDW AT ALL.

I'm using Win7 64bit.

Please help.

Ron

Administrator

Re: Can't see files (which are in fact there)

See:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-Compatibility

you would have to force the 32 bit install of dBpoweramp, uninstall all dBpoweramp programs first.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Right, I'd forgotten that.

My problem is that most of my music files are in flac; I have a version of WinAmp (the free version) that won't burn at other than 2x speed, and there is no way to buy the full version at present; I'd use WMP, but it doesn't support flac. I resent having to buy something else.

What do I lose if I switch to 32 bit? Any other suggestions?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Found Burrrn, which works ok, but is limited (e.g. only identifies one of my drives).

Would still like to know what I would lose by switching to 32 bit -- I use dBp for ripping with multi-encoder, but also for converting files (mainly downloaded flac to mp3). I'd think that for ripping the speed limitation would be the CD read; perhaps there would be some speed loss in converting files. Does 32 bit use all available processors like 64 bit does?

Administrator

You do not lose anything installing 32 bit version.