title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "drive different to configured drive"- lost hours trying to get new drive recognized

"drive different to configured drive"- lost hours trying to get new drive recognized

Just spent literally hours trying to get a new drive in a Primera Bravo Pro recognized. My old Plextor PX-W5224TA apparently have known problems reading CD-R's at anything under 4x speed... and my rips were taking 45min to an hour each. (I had many discs with 99 tracks each only a second long or so and for each track the Plextor drive would labor to start ripping.)

When I installed new drives into the Primera Bravo the dBpoweramp Batch Ripper showed, "Drive different to configured drive." for each drive.

The forums said I needed to reconfigure the drive. If need be, something like "forget the drive and re-register it." Guess what? It seems nearly impossible to find a way to do this!

I even went into Windows and changed the drive letters for the new drives. Batch ripper would then say the drives weren't configured... but give no suggestion as to how to configure them! Going into the ripper and Options didn't help either. I could configure AccurateRip offsets, C2 settings, etc. but still the drive would show unconfigured.

I even upgraded to a family pack (and was distressed to realize the great deal for the upgrade didn't include what I needed to be able to move the Primera from one system to another because I didn't have PerfectTunes in that pack -- a somewhat misleading "recommended upgrade.")

The answer? I finally uninstalled the Batch Ripper app and reinstalled it. That finally allows the configuring of the new drive.

UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL BATCH RIPPER. Problem solved!

Best wishes.

p.s. Spoon - your app is awesome... saves me hours of manual work! Please add an easier way to get to the reconfiguration window than requiring re-install... or if there is a way please post here. Thanks!
    Last edited by turnkit; 07-24-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: clarification

Administrator

Re: "drive different to configured drive"- lost hours trying to get new drive recogni

The way you do it:

Open Batch Ripper configuration and next to each of the configured drives is an Unconfigure button, select this, then configure the new drives.

Re: "drive different to configured drive"- lost hours trying to get new drive recogni

Thanks for replying Spoon. I've looked again and am surely overlooking something obvious but I can find the "Batch Ripper Configuration" option. Where is it? How can I start it?

Administrator

It is a program in the Start Menu, along side Batch Rippers main program icon.