title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[15.1] Random errors when converting mp3=>mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikolajek
    • Jul 2014

[15.1] Random errors when converting mp3=>mp3

I sometimes use dbpoweramp to lower quality of my mp3 from CBR 320 to lover VBR. I have a DSP setting "Delete source files" enabled.

What I noticed are two strange behaviors:
    1. Some random files remain unconverted even though I can see the progress of their conversion. Moreover, when I choose them to convert individually, they also seem to get converted but they are not...
    2. Some random files get deleted with no converted versions left!!! Surprisingly they are usually the first files in folder (but not always). They are just gone with no converted or unconverted file(s) left.

Anyone is able to advise me on that?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: [15.1] Random errors when converting mp3=>mp3

You are best converting to a different location without the Delete source files.

It could be the files are converted but your naming means that the files are combined from 2 albums?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mikolajek
      • Jul 2014

No, I don't make any combinations or whatsoever. It's just a folder with an album in mo3 format that I want to lower quality a little.

The only trick that works is renaming ALL files and don't delete source files. Then I'm getting two copies of every single file, including one original and one converted. When applying such solution I've never experienced skipping files when converting.

However, this problem applies to ver 15.1 exclusively. I've been dbpa user from version 12 as far as I remember and never experienced anything like that.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you have security software, try to disable as a test.

You can convert to a different location with same naming, set dynamic to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

then choose a different folder as the root location.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>