title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Creating music files without between-track gaps (silences)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • happi_ripper
    • Jul 2014

Creating music files without between-track gaps (silences)

As a Newbie I hope this hasn't been dealt with before - Forum search revealed nothing since early 2000's.

I have a number of classical and opera CDs in my collection where a continuous piece of music spans several tracks on the CD - when I rip these they play with sound gaps (silences) at the the track change. How can I get around this with CD Ripper (I have the most up to date version). I have tried the DSP/Action “Trim Silence” and “Audio-CD – Remove Gaps” Effects without success.

Is CD Ripper capable of accomplishing this? How?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Creating music files without between-track gaps (silences)

Which music player is producing these gaps on playback?

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by happi_ripper
      Is CD Ripper capable of accomplishing this? How?
      If the CD is gapless, the dbpa CD Ripper will rip it as gapless. You shouldn't need to use any DSP effects. As already asked, what player are you using? And what type files are you ripping? FLAC? mp3? other?

Comment

• happi_ripper
        • Jul 2014

Apologies - it seems the "gapping" is an artefact of the player I was using to preview the rip (Player app bundled with my NAS): the rips play seamlessly when streamed via a proper network streamer.

Thanks for the comments....

Comment

Working...

]]>