title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tagging problem with CoreConverter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WallyWalters
    • Oct 2002

Tagging problem with CoreConverter

I wrote a batch file to convert FLAC tracks into small M4A files for the MP3 player I use at the gym. The code is as follows:

"C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\CoreConverter.exe" -infile="IN.FLAC" -outfile="OUT.M4A" -convert_to="m4a" -cli_cmd="-b 48000 -p 29 --ignorelength -S -o {qt}[outfile]{qt} - " -selection="5,2"

The audio conversion gets handled without a hitch (the resultant M4A files are identical to those I would make going through the dBpoweramp context menu), but I can't get it to copy the ID3 tags. I keep getting an error message, "Writing ID Tags: Conversion Failed. Unable to tag file 'OUT.m4a'."

Note that dBpoweramp itself has no such problem; only CoreConverter. How can I fix this?

Interestingly, the one field that does get filled out is the "Encoding Tool" tag, which I would prefer to leave blank. Is there any way I can accomplish this too? Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tagging problem with CoreConverter

You should specify full paths of the files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• WallyWalters
      • Oct 2002

Yes, that worked. Now I just have to rewrite my batch file to identify paths; thank you.

Meanwhile, is there an answer to my second question?I don't know if "Encoding Tools" is an atom or a tag, but is there a way to prevent it from being written?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What is Encoding Tool set to? if it does not have dBpoweramp in the title, then we did not write, perhaps the encoder its self.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AndersHu
          • Apr 2008

Tool is stored in the "©too"-box.

Comment

• jpt
            • May 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
            What is Encoding Tool set to? if it does not have dBpoweramp in the title, then we did not write, perhaps the encoder its self.
            Encoder, it's stange ? do you not have compiled himsef ?

for help to debug (in windows 64x version), all id tags is good erased (with full idtag remove) exept this:

Encoding Tool fdkaac 0.6.3, libfdk-aac 3.4.22, VBR mode 1
            and it's removed possible, because when i use foobar 1.3.15 and use with his tool named "id tag processing" and in "deletation" "remove ALL ID-tags", it's NOT remove succesfully this tag, others eg: artists, title, album (etc...), its okay, why ??

The tool of dbpoweramp idtagremove has one little bug.
            if you put one new exe of ID Tag Processing.dll with thid debugs when updating it's wonderfull. (ps vers of his dll is 16.0.0.1)
            i not see new version of this in "updates" and / or "news".

regards, and congratulations for your work

Comment

• jpt
              • May 2016

Originally posted by jpt
              blablabla previous...
              hello Spoon,
              Resolved himself with patched (and explained version for you) in 64 bits version.
              I not make for 32bits version, but with the explain it's very easy make so

I add for this patched version (no write "encopding tool: fdkaac vers etc....)
              checked in vbr mode and all is good about question asking by the previous user.

Link is ok for all users for one month, make à backup of original exe
              (warning ONLY 64 bits version, not 32 !!!)

Regards,

Comment

Working...

]]>