title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

not displaying metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martincooke
    • Aug 2009

not displaying metadata

I upgraded today to R15.1 after removing R13.

R15 is connecting to accuraterip (R13 had stopped doing this) and will Rip OK. However no metadata is being retrieved / displayed even though I think I have the relevant items selected. Any ideas please?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: not displaying metadata

If you have a popular CD which is certain to be in the database, select the meta drop menu >> retrieve from >> freedb

if nothing comes in, check that dbpoweramp is allowed to access the internet (in dBpoweramp Configuration) there is an option to stop there. If it is enabled look at any security or firewall software you have installed, that could be blocking CD Ripper.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• martincooke
      • Aug 2009

Thank-you.

R15 is connecting to accuraterip and advising the number of matched rips - so I think this means it is connected to the internet?

In configuration the pop up says it is not connecting to the internet when checking for updates but the option to allow access is enabled

I don't believe windows firewall or Norton are active
      Last edited by martincooke; 07-06-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The check for updates in dBpoweramp Configuration is a good test, if that cannot work (it is very simple) it is 100% a firewall which blocks.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• martincooke
          • Aug 2009

Yes, that seems likely (although I don't obviously have a firewall active), but I am confused why the accuraterip info is getting through if R15 is blocked by a 'firewall' - any ideas please?

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

Security software can work in strange ways...

Comment

• martincooke
              • Aug 2009

Deinstalled Norton Internet Security and now the metadata is loading ...

... still don't understand why Accuraterip info was getting through before.

Anyway, am back to ripping happily ... thank-you for a fab toolset!

Comment

Working...

]]>