title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Interoperability between dbPoweramp and Clipboard History

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wla2000
    • May 2013

Interoperability between dbPoweramp and Clipboard History

I have been using dbPoweramp CD Ripper for some time. I don't see how to tell the version number, but the install file was named "dMC-R14.4-Ref-Registered.exe", so I assume this is version 14.4.

I also have been using the Clipboard History program from Outertech for a variety of purposes, but a common one is to paste different things into the Artist and Album fields on the CD Ripper screen. Say I have 14 discs to rip (in an audiobook) - I'll paste the same name into the Artist field for each one, and paste the Album title (the book title) in the Album field, adding a differentiator like "01 of 14" or "02 of 14" to each one.

This Clipboard program works as follows: you press Alt-C (or whatever hot-key you configure) and a clipboard history shows up. The n-1 item always shows up as the selected item on the list. So I can just press Enter, and the Artist will get populated. Then I move to the Album field, press Alt-C, and then Enter (which puts in the title). On the next CD, same story, paste in the artist then the title.

A few weeks ago this stopped working. Now I have to press Alt-C, hit enter (nothing happens), then press Alt-C again, move the cursor to the correct selection, then press Enter, and then the selection pastes in the field.

My Clipboard History program works fine with all other applications I have tried (MS Word, Chrome, Evernote, Notepad++, etc.), but it's not working with CD Ripper.

What changed at probably about the same time as this malfunction, though I can't be sure, is that I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.

Clipboard History is free (though one is encouraged to donate to the developer), so somebody at dbPoweramp maybe can download that program and use it, and maybe see why it's not working with CD Ripper

I have contacted Outertech, and they don't see any problem, since their application works with other applications that they know of.

Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Interoperability between dbPoweramp and Clipboard History

If it once worked in dBpoweramp and you have not changed the program then it should work again. Perhaps you have some security software which is blocking the clipboard program in relation to dBpoweramp.
    The boxes in CD Ripper are just standard Windows controls, there is nothing special about the artist box, everything about it is handled by windows.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wla2000
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      If it once worked in dBpoweramp and you have not changed the program then it should work again. Perhaps you have some security software which is blocking the clipboard program in relation to dBpoweramp.
      The boxes in CD Ripper are just standard Windows controls, there is nothing special about the artist box, everything about it is handled by windows.
      I haven't changed the program, but I have upgraded to Windows 8.1. Have you tried running Clipboard History with Windows 8.1, and attempting to paste historical contents into your application? My guess is that you'll get the same result I have.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

But there is nothing we can change on our end, the text box is entirely handled by Windows, we have no code there controlling it (expect for populating it).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>