title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AudioSAFE v2

Administrator

AudioSAFE v2

I prepare AudioSAFE v2, the code is almost done, the new hardware is almost done (about 2 weeks). Internally files will migrate from AudioSAFE v1 to v2 this will happen before the main beta is opened once more.

However I look for around 30 'special' testers to try the new software (and reupload their whole collections) before the main beta, if you want to join early, email:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

You will be contacted once everything is ready.

Re: AudioSAFE v2

I had no idea you guys were doing cloud service for a while. You really should advertise or just email to several high-profile blogs such as...

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/

http://www.audiostream.com/

http://www.realhd-audio.com/

Computer Audiophile is the biggest among three and pretty much all of the target audience visit that site. Just ask Chris (the guy running CA) if he can pre/review your service.

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, do you just need uploaders? I know last time you had an offer to send out harddrives. My collection is about 2.5-3 TB of FLAC.

Administrator

Just testers at this stage.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Just testers at this stage.
    Has the 'special testing' started?

Administrator

Not yet, working on internal testing.

Administrator

AudioSAFE is operational once more, internal testing is almost complete. The new AudioSAFE is faster (internally it runs on a 10GBe), it is 40x faster as based on a new design. Also new, all data backed up to AudioSAFE will be duplicated offsite, most commercial backup services do not offer this. Public testing soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    AudioSAFE is operational once more, internal testing is almost complete. Public testing soon....
    I'd really like to help test this out. I have about 1Tb of audio files in my folders.

Quote Originally Posted by wondermouse View Post
    I'd really like to help test this out. I have about 1Tb of audio files in my folders.
    Same for me; > 800GB. Now using SyncBackFree. Working, but improved speed woud be good.

What's the current status of AudioSafe v2? I was part of v1 and really liked it, so if v2 is up and running and I can somehow get in on the action (preferably using my old upload), that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbare View Post
    What's the current status of AudioSafe v2? I was part of v1 and really liked it, so if v2 is up and running and I can somehow get in on the action (preferably using my old upload), that would be awesome.
    Seconded. I was not a part of this product the first time around but would like to try the new service. Though I use Crashplan on my computers it is impractical to upload my entire (multiple terabytes) collection.