title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Apple Lossless.dll problem

Apple Lossless.dll problem

I'm having some problems trying to rip to Apple Lossless AAC. I'm using v13.5 which doesn't have it installed by default.

Downloading the plugin appears to work fine, but then the Apple Lossless codec is greyed out. I notice that there isn't an Apple Lossless.dll in the Encoder folder.
    Does anyone know why this .dll doesn't install? (It's not anti-virus settings).
    Anyway, I installed the latest trial which does have the .dll -- I grabbed that, went back to the old version, put it in the Encoder folder and tried another rip.
    Now it will try and encode but fails with a .dll error.

I thought that maybe the .dll needs to be registered. Tried that (I'm on Win 8 x64 so I did a regsvr.32 in both /syswow64 and /system32.)

Still not working. Any suggestions please?

Administrator

Re: Apple Lossless.dll problem

Your best bet:

Uninstall R13.5 - install R15 trial (force the 32 bit version, see: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-Compatibility ) then copy the Apple Lossless.dll to another folder, uninstall R15, install R13.5 then copy back, nothing more needs to be done.

Re: Apple Lossless.dll problem

Well that was a lot easier than the mess I got myself into!

Thanks for the quick reply. It now works perfectly.