title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP on OSX

Asset UPnP on OSX

I have installed Asset onto a Mac Mini running Mavericks. I have configured a single location for my audio files and Asset correctly scans the files, all 16922 of them. The files are a mixture of MP3, Apple Lossless and AAC.

If I then use a controller such as media:connect on iOS, I can connect to Asset but there are no files contained within.

I have rebooted Mac, run a full rescan of Asset, tried other iOS apps like Kinsky and 8player but still the library appears empty.

As a sidenote, I managed to get Twonky to work just fine but have been assured that Asset is more stable.

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP on OSX

On the Asset configuration page it says there are xxx Tracks, xxx Albums? after scanning?

Yes, 16922 tracks and 1717 albums

The Browse Tree panel is empty though - should that contain things?

Maybe I should also add that my iTunes library is stored on an external USB drive

Administrator

Yes the browse tree panel should be populated, click the restore default button to populate it.

That was it. I feel dumb now. Ok thanks - I will continue to evaluate, I have a new Pioneer N30 network player arriving this week to try it out on!

Administrator

The browse panel should have automatically populated, unless the entries were cleared manually?

I don't think I cleared it down, pretty sure it was always empty until I clicked restore.