title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Not recognising multiple CPU's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macfab52
    • Jun 2014

Not recognising multiple CPU's

I switched computers earlier this year and re-installed dbpoweramp. My old machine was running W7x32 Home edition. The computer ad dual cpu's and when ripping both cpu's were utilised. The version of dbpoweramp used was 14.something-or-other. I have now got a quad cpu computer with i5 pentium processors. I re-installed my version of dbpoweramp and the performance is grim. For a start it only recognises one cpu and maximum ripping speed is x9. Thinking it might be the version of db I'm using I have just paid extra to upgrade to version 15.whatever. I am now using W7x64 Pro. It is still dog slow and still only recognises one cpu. HOWEVER when I run the bulk converter it recognises all 4 cpu's and runs like proverbial fertiliser off of a gardening implement, so the problem appears to be with the CD ripper programme. Ideas would be welcome.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Not recognising multiple CPU's

The CD drive is likely much slower than the single CPU, CD ripper will only use the 2nd cpu if it is waiting on encoding, when ripping even at x40 speed to lossless the encoding is way faster than cd drive.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>