title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Ripper - Ripping Error, then "Drive Different to Configured Drive"

Batch Ripper - Ripping Error, then "Drive Different to Configured Drive"

Just moved fro XP SP3 to Win7 64-bit. Reinstalled dbpoweramp R14.4 and Batch Ripper, plus drivers for Primera Bravo SE Disc Publisher. CD Ripper works fine with internal & external CD/DVD drives. Batch Ripper sees Primera Bravo SE, loads 1st CD, looks up metadata & artwork correctly, immediately throws a Reject:Ripping Error, ejects CD, Loads 2nd CD & then hangs at post-load CD. When I cancel the batch, it then reports the drive status as "Drive Different to Configured Drive".

I can set drive as Unconfigured, then reconfigure drive and the Drive status changes back to Primera, but the whole load, lookup metadata, rip error, load 2nd disc then fail process reccurs. Suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Administrator

Re: Batch Ripper - Ripping Error, then "Drive Different to Configured Drive"

>When I cancel the batch, it then reports the drive status as "Drive Different to Configured Drive".

If you look in Windows explorer, check the drive letter of the primera, before and after the error, after the error check that the drive exists in explorer, manually insert a cd and make sure it appears in explorer as a cd track listing.

It looks like the cd drive is crashing and going from the system.

The drive was still present in the drive listings. Other ideas?

When I opened CD Ripper and set it to the Primera Bravo SE with no CD in the drive, it showed 2 tracks: Track 6 (which was 2GB is size) and an unselected hidden track. Is this normal for a CD/DVD robot?

Administrator

If you right click the CD drive in Windows explorer and select 'Open' does it show those 2 tracks?

No.
    When I right click the CD/DVD drive of the Primera and select "Open", the disc tray opens immediately and a window pops up that says "Insert a disc". If I insert a CD in the drive,close the tray, wait for the disc to load, and then right click and select open, it shows all tracks (Track01, etc.) - all with a descibed file type of "Audio CD Track" and listed file sizes of 1KB for each track.

Administrator

Before ripping check the full name of the drive shown in batch ripper, when it says the name is different, check the name again.