title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch ripper in trial version

Batch ripper in trial version

Does this work? I installed the 21 day trial, then installed the Batch Ripper. But when I try to run it, it says "Component requires dBpoweramp Reference."

Administrator

Re: Batch ripper in trial version

You installed both to the same location? also check that the 21 day trial is running, by looking in dBpoweramp Configuration.

Yes. Both are installed to:

"C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\"

Screenshot of the versions window is below:

Untitled.png

One thing somewhat unexpected that I noticed is that I can run CD Ripper itself without UAC, but when I run the configure app, it requires me to type in an Administrator password.
    Last edited by kenneth_chiu; 06-25-2014 at 11:38 AM.

I also am unable to configure Secure ripping. The option is grayed out, as seen below. If it helps any, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Untitled.png

Administrator

Try right click on Batch Ripper >> Run as Administrator

(or the same for CD Ripper).

Okay, this seems to have fixed all the issues. It's less than ideal, however, because now all tracks are ripped to files belonging to Administrator. I then have to manually go "Switch user" to Administrator and change owner back to my usual user (which is not an Administrator account).

Am I correct then in assuming that dBpoweramp always must be run as Administrator to function as a full-licensed version? Any way to fix by reinstalling, etc.?

ADDENDUM: Can this be fixed as simply as changing the permissions on a license file somewhere?
    Last edited by kenneth_chiu; 06-25-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Administrator

The registered version does not require this, sometimes the trial version does require it.