title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can you move files to NAS using from My Music having used CD ripper?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naimtheday
    • Jun 2014

How can you move files to NAS using from My Music having used CD ripper?

I have been trialing CD ripper and the files it produces (WAV = good / best) show in My Music folder on my PC but getting the files easily onto my NAS (Synology DS414) seems a bit painful the only way I have found to do it which is to upload to the NAS using Synology's file system. Feeding to Naim NDX streamer in all Naim active system which is sounding half decent.

I am probably doing it wrong but if anyone can enlighten meI would be thrilled.

Currently having to copy and paste individual files in batches having created named artist and album folders.

Also I am not always getting AccurateRip data when ripping, is this because the disks are unknown?

Does PerfectTUNES work? Not tried it but I think some of my ripped music is mis named, mis filed and has wrong images attached

Power to the music

NTD :p
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How can you move files to NAS using from My Music having used CD ripper?

You are accessing the Synology though its web page, you are best to access it through the network share (open Windows File Explorer and expand network).

Once logged into the share, you can copy and paste whole folders.

It is possible some discs are not in accuraterip, PerfectTunes could be used a few months down the line to recheck those files.

Perfecttunes will not help with tags, potentially it can help with album art, however you are best doing the labelling / art correct prior to ripping, in CD ripper there is 'Review Metadata' and 'Album Art' buttons to change the art or tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• naimtheday
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      You are accessing the Synology though its web page, you are best to access it through the network share (open Windows File Explorer and expand network).

Once logged into the share, you can copy and paste whole folders.

It is possible some discs are not in accuraterip, PerfectTunes could be used a few months down the line to recheck those files.

Perfecttunes will not help with tags, potentially it can help with album art, however you are best doing the labelling / art correct prior to ripping, in CD ripper there is 'Review Metadata' and 'Album Art' buttons to change the art or tags.
      Thanks Spoon,

Ah, I suspected I was doing it the wrong way. I am trying to do it on my laptop which is seeing the Synology NAS but when I open windows explorer and go to Network the Disk Station is showing under Other devices and when I select it the browser opens showing the Synology webpage.

If I go to media devices where it also shows and open that it opens windows media player (which sees all the ripped music).

Also all that I ripped is presenting properly in WMP but when I have ripped a CD it says under Rip Status £ X not in AccurateRip yet it picks up the album details fine?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey naimtheday,

let me explain my workflow. Maybe you feel comfortable with this workflow too.

1.) I do not rip my CDs into that "My Music" Windows standard folder, but into a dedicated Folder "music\archive", which is located in the root of my data drive / data partition. That way you keep your profile and account data small.

2.) I have written a small batch file, containing just one command. This command calls "robocopy", a Windows inherent command to copy and synchronize directories. So from time to time I call this batch to synchronize my local data with the data in the NAS. New data will be copied into the NAS, deleted data will be deleted on the NAS, updated data will be updated on the NAS. This is very handy.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The other devices is the UPnP music server, you not need that, perhaps wait a few minutes to see if the share shows up, if not then contact Synology to trouble shoot this, because every nas should have a network share.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>