title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset not seeing my music.

Asset not seeing my music.

Please help. I am a luddite with computers. I have been using a Cambridge audio np30 connected to a NAS for about a year now with no problems at all. The last month or so has not been so kind. The streamer now does not see any music files at all and says it's empty. I checked my NAS on the computer and all the files are present. I have called on the help of a friend to help and he got it working somewhat but now some of the files are being read twice or in duplicate. Sometimes the music playing is not the same music that is chosen from the album. Please, someone tell me what I have to do to get my music back! I really hope I don't have to re-rip all of those files again.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Asset not seeing my music.

I don't know if this will cure your issue, but I had a similar problem with music playing twice, wrong music displayed, etc. Tried rebooting NAS, receiver, etc to no avail. Checked config settings, etc. No luck. Finally thought to reboot the router. Problem resolved. I also had an issue with the android BubbleUPNP app as a controller where it didn't play the correct stream of the four that the QNAP version of Asset puts out (and I suspect other versions do also.) Set the config page setting of asset to "single stream" and that issue disappeared.

Administrator

Make sure that in the Asset Settings page only one folder is listed there to be scanned.

Then do a full rescan in asset (refresh all), afterwards restart your streamer and control point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Make sure that in the Asset Settings page only one folder is listed there to be scanned.

Then do a full rescan in asset (refresh all), afterwards restart your streamer and control point.
    Thanks so much! It works!