title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cannot convert recently purchased ALAC files

Cannot convert recently purchased ALAC files

Hello,

I am getting an error after trying to convert some alac files. I have been buying live music concerts for some time now from a vendor and this most recent purchase fails to convert using R15, though I am not sure it is R15 specific. What I do know is that this is the first time since I started buying ALAC format that dbpoweramp has failed to convert. Here is the error message I am seeing:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\rich\Desktop\2014-05-25 Cumberland, MD\sci140525d1_01_Song_In_My_Head.m4a' to 'C:\Users\rich\Music\String Cheese Convert\sci140525d1_01_Song_In_My_Head.mp3'
    Unable to decode m4a file (is corrupt or not supported audio type).

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\rich\Desktop\2014-05-25 Cumberland, MD\sci140525d1_02_Close_Your_Eyes.m4a' to 'C:\Users\rich\Music\String Cheese Convert\sci140525d1_02_Close_Your_Eyes.mp3'

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\rich\Desktop\2014-05-25 Cumberland, MD\sci140525d1_03_Cant_Stop_Now.m4a' to 'C:\Users\rich\Music\String Cheese Convert\sci140525d1_03_Cant_Stop_Now.mp3'

I *was* able to download a competitor's product and it was able to convert the files successfully. Has something changed with the converter that handles m4a?

Please advise if there are any options I can set to see more information. I'd be glad to send you one of the songs so you can test locally. It's 46 mb so you may need to

Thanks in advance,
    Rich

Administrator

Re: Cannot convert recently purchased ALAC files

Please email one of these files:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Re: Cannot convert recently purchased ALAC files

Email with dropbox link sent.