title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Replaygain not applying Album Gain to anything I convert.

Replaygain not applying Album Gain to anything I convert.

Try as I might I can not get Album Gain to apply to anything I convert, yet Track Gain applies. I'm using the Track & Album Gain option and albums are identified by Album ID Tag. I was hoping I could skip using foobar for applying RG but alas it's not meant to be. Switching off my anti virus doesn't cure it either.

EDIT:

Ok this is weird, I just took a look at some files in MP3Tag and the album gain values are there under the Extended Tags option, yet foobar is only showing the Track Gain figures. Any ideas as to why that may be? I'm using the very latest version of foobar.

foobar:

http://i.imgur.com/kRaHgfA.png

MP3Tag:

http://i.imgur.com/O0LaQHt.png
    Last edited by kareha; 06-09-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Administrator

Re: Replaygain not applying Album Gain to anything I convert.

Perhaps ask on foobars forum, the tags seem to be there and they look correct.

Re: Replaygain not applying Album Gain to anything I convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Perhaps ask on foobars forum, the tags seem to be there and they look correct.
    Figured out the problem courtesy of HA. For some reason foobar isn't noticing the RG tags unless I press Reload Info in the Properties screen. As a workaround I'm converting my songs into a folder that foobar doesn't watch then moving them into my watched music folder manually once converting has finished. Was thinking it may be down to foobar only seeing the files only being modified once rather than twice, once for the actual conversion and second for applying RG.