title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD drive impact on rip quality

CD drive impact on rip quality

I’m just getting started with ripping and want the best quality I can get as I can hear the difference. My 64 bit windows computer is about 6 years old but currently uses windows 7. The CD ripper that came with the computer is a Cyberlink DVD suite and the converter is WMA. Based on what I’ve learned about dbpoweramp I want to place an order. My question is about the 6 year CD drive that came with the computer. Will the age/technical capabilities of the CD drive impact the dbpoweramp’s ability to provide a high quality rip? And if the drive does play a role in the final rip will it be significant enough that there will not be a discernable difference between a WMA and FLAC?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD drive impact on rip quality

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaman3 View Post
    I&*8217;m just getting started with ripping and want the best quality I can get as I can hear the difference. My 64 bit windows computer is about 6 years old but currently uses windows 7. The CD ripper that came with the computer is a Cyberlink DVD suite and the converter is WMA. Based on what I&*8217;ve learned about dbpoweramp I want to place an order. My question is about the 6 year CD drive that came with the computer. Will the age/technical capabilities of the CD drive impact the dbpoweramp&*8217;s ability to provide a high quality rip? And if the drive does play a role in the final rip will it be significant enough that there will not be a discernable difference between a WMA and FLAC?
    If the CD rips and reports an ACCURATERIP match, it will be bit perfect (no matter which drive, computer, or Operating System used). That's the beauty of the AccurateRip system.