title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSP setting for a Converted Flac file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ENC
    • Feb 2013

DSP setting for a Converted Flac file

Hi there I'm doing a dual ripping of my Classical keeping a Wav / flac. Here's my question. I believe that the flac file during played back is a bit quiet then the CD counter part interns of output gain. Do I have some DSP setting set incorrectly. Or am I experiencing what is a typical output of a flac file.
    Why is there a difference? :cry:

Open to suggestion for optimal setting to convert a CD to a Flac.

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DSP setting for a Converted Flac file

If all flac files are like this, and you do not have any DSP effects running, then that is the volume of the tracks, you should look at your player as to its volume settings.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ENC
      Hi there I'm doing a dual ripping of my Classical keeping a Wav / flac. Here's my question. I believe that the flac file during played back is a bit quiet then the CD counter part interns of output gain. Do I have some DSP setting set incorrectly. Or am I experiencing what is a typical output of a flac file.
      Why is there a difference? :cry:

Open to suggestion for optimal setting to convert a CD to a Flac.
      flac, wav, or CD should be same volume. Have you added ReplayGain information to the FLAC tags (using the ReplayGain DSP when ripping?) and the player is using these tags? Or perhaps your digital file player uses some sort of automatic volume adjustment. Some do. Also, in my experience, many CD Players I've used have been very "hot" in terms of the volume from the CD player being much louder than playing the ripped files (or an attached tuner or turntable, etc.). But this is due to the CD Player itself vs the CD (or files ripped from the CD).

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ENC
        I believe that the flac file during played back is a bit quiet then the CD counter part interns of output gain.
        Playback on what? Both through a receiver? If so, you'd be talking about different sources (a CD player vs. whatever source is playing the FLAC files), different inputs (on the receiver), and, possibly, different connection methods as well. Each of these is a variable that could account for the volume difference you hear.

So, as Spoon and garym suggest, this likely not caused by an issue with your FLAC rips but with player or receiver settings. It's hard to be any more specific than that without knowing anything about your hardware.

Comment

Working...

]]>