title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper not finding CDs in AccurateRip db or metadata and artwork

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcam
    • Jun 2014

CD Ripper not finding CDs in AccurateRip db or metadata and artwork

Just installed R 15 and have 'test' ripped 15 - 20 cds, none of which have been found in AccurateRip nor has any metadata or art work been found. I'm ripping from a Win7 PC using Multiencoder to create FLAC files on the PC and AIFF files on a network-attached Mac Mini. The rips have all been successful. I have gone through the settings several times looking for anything that might be obvious to a new user . The only possible hint of trouble is that when I tried to check for software updates through Configure dbPoweramp I got a message 'Unable to connect to dbPoweramp .com, check internet connection and Windows firewall'. The internet connection was fine and I turned off the firewall. Didn't help; still can't check for updates or find the CDs in AccurateRip. Any help will be appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper not finding CDs in AccurateRip db or metadata and artwork

Check in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter >> Allow dBpoweramp To Access Internet that this is checked.

>Configure dbPoweramp I got a message 'Unable to connect to dbPoweramp .com

If every aspect of dBpoweramp cannot access the internet, then you definitely have a firewall which is blocking dBpoweramp, it is difficult for us to advise on that because there are so many different firewall programs (and anti malware, etc), perhaps contact the manufacturer of these respective programs and determine if they can unblock it..
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bcam
      • Jun 2014

Thanks. 'Allow to access internet' is checked and all was ok on R 14 before I upgraded a few days ago. I just noticed that after I deinstalled R 14 and installed R 15 there are a couple of R14 modules ([Cue Sheet Image Codec] and CD Writer) that were not deinstalled. I'll try to get rid of those to see if that makes a difference and if not will download R 15 to a different PC (Win8.1) which does not have R14 on it.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I do not think uninstalling these items will help.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hitarth
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
          Check in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter >> Allow dBpoweramp To Access Internet that this is checked.

>Configure dbPoweramp I got a message 'Unable to connect to dbPoweramp .com

If every aspect of dBpoweramp cannot access the internet, then you definitely have a firewall which is blocking dBpoweramp, it is difficult for us to advise on that because there are so many different firewall programs (and anti malware, etc), perhaps contact the manufacturer of these respective programs and determine if they can unblock it..
          hello ! Mr Spoon,
          I had been using R16.3 for some time & all was going well & not I upgraded to R16.4 ... here too all is going well except, I cannot seem to get any art work on clicking the "disc" to open the next screen to make a choice of the cover .... I have also "allowed" dBpower thru the windows firewall ... but still no luck .... I have no problems with the other meta data ... please help !!!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Using CD Ripper? do you get album art for popular discs without clicking the disc image?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hitarth
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Sep 2017

Using CD Ripper? do you get album art for popular discs without clicking the disc image?
              Yes Sir,
              it does pick up the cover .. BUT what happens in many cases is .... it picks up the wrong cover ... like for eg. : "Now That's What I Call Music" it could pick up the back cover ...& if I want to find the front, I would click on the "CD" icon on the dBpower to get a choice ... generally, on clicking it would open up the page with a large number of choice ... but that doesn't happen.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try a popular CD, does it show any art?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hitarth
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Sep 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	293827
                  Try a popular CD, does it show any art?
                  yes sir, it does.
                  attached is a popular Cd, but this is no the right cover. so if I click the CD to get the choice of covers available, I see the same cover.
                  Last edited by Hitarth; 01-18-2018, 02:11 PM. Reason: adding scren shot

Comment

• Dat Ei
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Feb 2014

But it is the right artist and album, and only the "wrong" album art?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Hitarth
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                      But it is the right artist and album, and only the "wrong" album art?

Dat Ei
                      yes, sir !
                      it is only the album art problem.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

and you never get any art which clicking on the disc image (or art image) for any disc?
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Feb 2014

You know that a album can have different covers, depending on the target market? Aside of that: from what I know, dBpa only searches for the artist and album name. So even in case of different pressings it can happen that dBpa finds identical cover.

Dat Ei

Comment

• mville
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Hitarth
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1971[/ATTACH]
                            attached is a popular Cd, but this is no the right cover. so if I click the CD to get the choice of covers available, I see the same cover.
                            The official Mariah Carey - Greatest Hits, was released worldwide on Columbia (Sony Music) in 2001. The artwork showing in your screenshot, is the right artwork for this release.

The track listing in your screenshot is different from the release I mention above and the Year is showing as 1984, whilst her first releases weren't until 1990. So, something is wrong here.

What album title, label and year is printed on your CD artwork/disc?
                            Last edited by mville; 01-18-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Feb 2014

Good point, mville! In 1984 Mariah has been 14 or 15 (year of birth differs on 1969 and 1970) years old - a bit to early for her Best of album.

Dat Ei
                              Last edited by Dat Ei; 01-18-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>