title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping CDs that are not in a data base...how to bypass the metadata search/fail

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cweiss27
    • Jan 2014

Ripping CDs that are not in a data base...how to bypass the metadata search/fail

After successfully ripping all store bought CDs with dBpoweramp and my nimbie, I want to attack the thousand + CDs that are either my own compilations, Live Dead, Stones, Pink Floyd, etc.

Nimbie/dBpoweramp fail them after the meta search step.
    1. Is there a way to rip them in bulk?
    2.is there a way to search the databases, but defualt to a straight rip if no match is found
    3. Are there other databases (say Archives.org, etc.) that can be added to the search.

In essence, I want the software/hardware to do its best and then default to a straight rip and let me manually add what I need at a later time.
    My goal is rip everything I own into FLAC. These CDs have multiplied like Tribbles and will soon engulf my home.

Cliff
    Last edited by cweiss27; 06-04-2014, 01:37 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping CDs that are not in a data base...how to bypass the metadata search/fail

These discs you are best manually ripping, in CD Ripper so you can enter the metadata, because the last thing you want is a bunch of ripped files which have no metadata, they are useless (effectively)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cweiss27
      • Jan 2014

Re: Ripping CDs that are not in a data base...how to bypass the metadata search/fail

that's what I was afraid of. Are there any alternative databases that track live shows...dead, pink floyd, etc.?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not that I am aware of. It is not just that the metadata exist on the internet, but that it can be looked up using the CD TOC to an exact entry.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cweiss27
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
          Not that I am aware of. It is not just that the metadata exist on the internet, but that it can be looked up using the CD TOC to an exact entry.
          Sounds like an opportunity! Put in a date and manually match the raw concert info (date, venue, number of tracks). If matches, press go and then you can save a lot of typing. I know groups have (un)official data bases for this stuff. Only missing an API of some sort.

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>