title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How best to handle MP3s?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themissingelf
    • Jun 2014

How best to handle MP3s?

Hi,

I'm after some advice... In the past I had a mix of ripped (to MP3) CDs and downloaded MP3s stored in a folder on my laptop. Having invested in a Synology Diskstation NAS I have spent the last ? weeks re-ripping my entire CD collection to FLAC using CD Ripper. Aside from the odd ripping error all is good.

I'm now turning my attention to the downloaded MP3s an wondering how best to move them to the NAS... I want to ensure the albums are all stored using the same hierarchy as the ripped CDs. For the singles tracks I've yet to decide how I want to store those - maybe in a single folder called "Singles".

I would be grateful for any thoughts, advice, and potential pitfalls.

Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How best to handle MP3s?

The UPnP server software will not use filenames, so it perhaps does not matter how you store them.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• themissingelf
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      The UPnP server software will not use filenames, so it perhaps does not matter how you store them.
      Thank you. I'm a novice... I'm playing back using a Sonos system so does that change things in any way?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

No, Sonos is the same.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>