title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need to RIP to both Mac (AIFF) and PC (WAV)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jedi1
    • Jun 2014

Need to RIP to both Mac (AIFF) and PC (WAV)

Howdy,
    I am preparing to rip 1500 CD's to external storage devices for:
    1) AIFF files for my Apple based server (OSX)
    2) WAV files for my Daughter's PC based server (Windows)

Can I use dBpa exclusively for this project ? If so, how do I most efficiently attack this project?

Very Many Thanks, John in the Texas Hill Country
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Need to RIP to both Mac (AIFF) and PC (WAV)

Hey John,

I would rip the collection in AIFF format (has ID3 tags). After that you can convert these files into the wave format with the Batch converter.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Jedi1
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Hey John,

I would rip the collection in AIFF format (has ID3 tags). After that you can convert these files into the wave format with the Batch converter.

Dat Ei
      Please bear with me, Dat Ei, pure newbie here and hoping to make sense.....would I make the initial rip on my Apple (OSX) to it's outboard drive and then convert and send to the PC drive or can I use my PC and then convert and send to the Apple drive??

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Hey John,

you can rip your CDs to AIFF on your Apple as well as on your PC. In the first case you convert the AIFF files into wave files and Transfer them to the PC. In the second case you convert the AIFF files into wave files, but copy the AIFF files to your apple.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>