title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Pure Audio Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfkaess
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2005

Pure Audio Blu-Ray

The soon to be released CSNY 1974 live set is being released in July on CD and vinyl, but also in the Pure Audio Blu-Ray format as specced at the following site:

the CSNY 1974 music will be 192/24 bit. Can dbpoweramp rip this if my computer has a blu-ray drive?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Pure Audio Blu-Ray

Originally posted by jfkaess
    The soon to be released CSNY 1974 live set is being released in July on CD and vinyl, but also in the Pure Audio Blu-Ray format as specced at the following site:

the CSNY 1974 music will be 192/24 bit. Can dbpoweramp rip this if my computer has a blu-ray drive?
    No :cry:

Comment

• Michael Sargent
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2009

But DVD Audio Extractor will be able to (although you may need AnyDVD to get around the protection).

Mike

Comment

• jfkaess
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2005

Thanks, Mike.

Comment

• simes_pep
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

I use a combination of DVDfab (to extract the m2ts files), then eac3to (to extract the LPCM 2.0 as FLAC & chapter information), then Audacity to label & extract the individual tracks, before using mp3tag or dBPowerAmp to edit the metadata of the extracted individual FLAC tracks.
          Bit of a process but the LPCM tracks in 24/96 or 24/192 are worth the trouble.
          Listening the Blu-ray extraction of Tears for Fears 'The Hurting' in 24/96 transcoded by Asset (on Raspberry Pi) to WAV for a Naim ND5/XP5 player.
          Simon

Comment

• timster67
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • May 2014

This is interesting. I wondered how long it would be before blu-ray is utilised for audio only.

But I have a question re. bit rates. The standard seems to be 24 bit after reading this, but after ripping CDs to wav using dBpoweramp it says it's (only?) 16-bit? (currently listening to Agricantus Tuareg - fantastic, highly recommended as is The Hurting and Songs from the Big Chair). What if anything am I doing wrong? Same applies to Audacity when "ripping" vinyl - I set it to the maximum (32bit float, wav) but it is also only reporting 16 bit in Kinsky/Asset.

Comment

• simes_pep
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Dec 2013

Hi,
              CDs are 16bit, under the Red Book Standard of 1984-ish. So dBPowerAmp CDRipper will extract the LPCM source at 16/44.1
              I have not used Audacity to record, so I can't comment on whether this can be done in 24-bit.
              However it does allow you to edit 24-bit files obtained by ripping & extracting the LPCM as FLAC, from SACDs, DVDAs, Blu-rays & downloads.

Simon

Comment

Working...

]]>