title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper Is Seeing The Sam Songs On Both Discs Of A Double CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kidder57
    • May 2014

Ripper Is Seeing The Sam Songs On Both Discs Of A Double CD

Hi,

I've been ripping some CD's over the past few days to feed my new DAP toy. I really like this software. I have a question about a double CD I purchased a few weeks ago. The first disc rips fine. When I try to rip the second I get a window asking if I want to rewrite what I just ripped in the first disc.

Apparently, the software thinks the same songs on disc 1 are also on disc 2. The only song that will rip and read correctly is the last song on disc 2 and I believe is because there is one more tune on disc 2.

I was wondering what is the best way to fix this,cor do I just rename the songs??

Regards
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Ripper Is Seeing The Sam Songs On Both Discs Of A Double CD

You can set the album name so it has Disk 2 on the end.

Comment

• Kidder57
      • May 2014

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      You can set the album name so it has Disk 2 on the end.
      Hi again,

Sorry but I'm a flat out novice. When I put disk two in to rip, CD Ripper sees it as Disk 1, and names the songs as disk 1 songs. I tried to manually rename the songs but I can't seem to figure out how to do that, or if it can be done. Obviously I can't rip disc 2 because even though the songs are different, since it sees the same names, CD ripper wants to overwrite disk 1 songs.
      Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is the review metadata button, one of the providers might have the metadata correct for that disc.

To manually edit medata, select a track and press F2 to edit.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>