title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help with ID tag/ manipulation/ smart capitalization

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swhiteindiana
    • Dec 2003

Help with ID tag/ manipulation/ smart capitalization

I can't be imagining things...:cry: I thought I saw this actually miraculously change all my titles from all CAPS to upper/lower case! It was really cool and now I can't seem to repeat the feat!!

What's the trick to get this to process your Title entries? What did I (accidentally) do to get it to work? This program was saving me lots of trouble until I saw this work... now I want to use this and I can't remember what I did! Please help!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help with ID tag/ manipulation/ smart capitalization

You would set the Encoder as '[ID Tag Update]' and set the options there.

ID Tag update is found in Codec Central above.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

There's also a smart capitalization option on the metadata details page.....unless you need/want to set some specific rules, that option will take care of most of it without having to use the DSP.

Comment

• swhiteindiana
        • Dec 2003

Thanks for your help.

My CD's don't have any title data on them. I retrieve this data from the internet. I am certain that I did something to change the retrieved data to upper and lower case before I could rip it to wave files, but I can't seem to find what I did. I set the encoder ID tag update to "Smart Capitalization," but nothing happens. I thought that was it, but it doesn't change the internet retrieved titles even after the rip. I can live with all caps, but would prefer without.

Comment

• swhiteindiana
          • Dec 2003

Ah, never mind!! I found out what I was doing wrong. I needed to reconnect to the online then go to the "Perfect Meta Data review matches" where there is a choice to make the Smart Cap processor work. Finally made it work. A little difficult to remember if you stumble on to it. There's no reference to it in the docs... at least I didn't see it.
          Last edited by swhiteindiana; 05-19-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>