title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Playlists - client hi-fi can't see them

Playlists - client hi-fi can't see them

This may be a simple problem, and it may be something to do with my hi-fi (a Marantz CR603), which I'm also checking.

I have created playlists with both Foobar2000 and Playlist Creator, both as m3u and fpl files. They are kept in a separate folder (/playlists) and Asset is configured to look for them in that folder with 'Contains: Playlists' set as it should be. The folder (Windows 7) is shared.

They work OK when played on the desktop, but when I search for playlists on the Marantz, it says 'empty' and can't find them, regardless of the format.

Now this may be something to do with the hi-fi (and I'm asking Marantz support as well), but is there anything obvious I may be missing?

The Marantz plays everything else with no problems (a mixture of FLAC and mp3) and seems to deal fine with all the other tags - both indexing and searching.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Playlists - client hi-fi can't see them

How do you browse on the Marantz? they would be under the Playlists >> browse tree item.

Thanks.

In Asset I have Playlists as a container (Blue Folder Icon). The Marantz finds the container and displays it - it appears in the Marantz list in the same list position as it shows up on Asset. However, when I select 'Playlists' on the Marantz, I get '(empty)', even though there are playlists in the Windows folder I've assigned as a playlist folder. So the hi-fi seems to find the container OK, but can't see any files in there. On Asset I've got the A-Z box ticked - and the Marantz sees this and allows me to scroll through the alphabetic list of playlists, but doesn't find any!

I feel there must be a simple answer somewhere, as Asset is so good at everything else.

Administrator

Try unchecking A-Z

also in the playlist folder would be others such as [New Albums], if these are not shown, then the Marantz is displaying something other than the Asset playlist folder.

Brilliant, thanks. I knew it must be something simple. Everything fine.

I guess that for the A-Z to work, Asset must use metadata tags - and of course there aren't any on playlist files, so it can't find anything.

Thanks again.