title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 99% complete

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    Unhappy 99% complete

    Similar problem to a previous post. I've been having some trouble with the CD writer! (registered) Operating as instructed in the Readme file to record from mp3 files on my hard drive , what happens is everything appears to be progressing normally until the progress box shows the writing is 99% complete. It sits there for some seconds, then a "red cross" notice box appears, which says "CD Drive Error 'Invalid command field' Audio disc has not been written.

    I really like db apps so I hope this can be sorted Spoony. Thanks

    Windows 98, external iomega zip cd 650 USB

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    39,021

    Re: 99% complete

    Try deleting one track then burn again. I have also had a report of this coming from the CD writer not liking the make of CD-R, are you able to try a different brand?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    Re: 99% complete

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Try deleting one track then burn again. I have also had a report of this coming from the CD writer not liking the make of CD-R, are you able to try a different brand?

    thank you for your answer spoon - will follow your advice and get back to you.

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,532

    Re: 99% complete

    i'm using "laser cd-rw 80min/700mb" for testing and they seem to be ok.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    Re: 99% complete

    Quote Originally Posted by Razgo
    i'm using "laser cd-rw 80min/700mb" for testing and they seem to be ok.

    no problem with the discs in the past using easy cd however i noticed in the conversion process mp3 > (write to) audio (after clicking the green button on the right to create list) the %monitor rises steadily to about 75% then suddenly jumps to 100%.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    Re: 99% complete

    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh
    no problem with the discs in the past using easy cd however i noticed in the conversion process mp3 > (write to) audio (after clicking the green button on the right to create list) the %monitor rises steadily to about 75% then suddenly jumps to 100%.

    Further info that may be of use: another attempt to burn TDK CD-R silver sided 700mb/80min with 60 minutes of mp3s (18 tracks).

    After 5 minutes and 0% progress (constant 25% buffer reading) the 'red X' appeared with error warning, 'CD drive error trying to write past the user area of the media'.

    Any clues?

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    39,021

    Re: 99% complete

    Doesn't sound good - as a last ditch attempt, have a look at Support >> CD Input

    the section about updating ASPI, run the update, if no go and you have registered dCW, contact me by email or PM for a refund.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    Re: 99% complete

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Doesn't sound good - as a last ditch attempt, have a look at Support >> CD Input

    the section about updating ASPI, run the update, if no go and you have registered dCW, contact me by email or PM for a refund.

    hi spoon - thanks for reply - i did an ASPI update before downloading original files few weeks ago but I'll do it again - I'm loathe to part with the db software because I love all the bits that are working well - by far the best overall package I've found.

    If I can get this final part of the jigsaw sorted I'll be well happy. I won't give up easily!

  9. #9
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,532

    Re: 99% complete

    no problem with the discs in the past using easy cd however i noticed in the conversion process mp3 > (write to) audio (after clicking the green button on the right to create list) the %monitor rises steadily to about 75% then suddenly jumps to 100%.
    Spoon, doesn't this part tell us something is going wrong with the convertion before he starts the burn?

    i'm thinking a codec problem? what is it you are adding to dcw for burning? and what is the setting?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    Re: 99% complete

    Quote Originally Posted by Razgo
    Spoon, doesn't this part tell us something is going wrong with the convertion before he starts the burn?

    i'm thinking a codec problem? what is it you are adding to dcw for burning? and what is the setting?

    Success!! Thank you guys - you're the best! I want to thank you for your patience, support and quick responses.

    The conversion process is still unnerving - I still get that jump from 75% to 100 (in the test conversion this doesn't happen) but at the moment (3am in the UK) I'm playing a 24 track 78 (!) minute audio cd newly compiled from mp3s. It sounds great (and I also downloaded the 48DSP for creative soundcards for good measure). Spoon - as you suggested, I reinstalled the component via microsoft earlier today - don't know if that did the trick but I went to Iomega and updated the USB update for the zip drive as well.

    I knew that db software was too good to trash. Thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •