title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 99% complete

Unhappy 99% complete

Similar problem to a previous post. I've been having some trouble with the CD writer! (registered) Operating as instructed in the Readme file to record from mp3 files on my hard drive , what happens is everything appears to be progressing normally until the progress box shows the writing is 99% complete. It sits there for some seconds, then a "red cross" notice box appears, which says "CD Drive Error 'Invalid command field' Audio disc has not been written.

I really like db apps so I hope this can be sorted Spoony. Thanks

Windows 98, external iomega zip cd 650 USB

Administrator

Re: 99% complete

Try deleting one track then burn again. I have also had a report of this coming from the CD writer not liking the make of CD-R, are you able to try a different brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Try deleting one track then burn again. I have also had a report of this coming from the CD writer not liking the make of CD-R, are you able to try a different brand?

thank you for your answer spoon - will follow your advice and get back to you.

dBpoweramp Guru

i'm using "laser cd-rw 80min/700mb" for testing and they seem to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Razgo
    i'm using "laser cd-rw 80min/700mb" for testing and they seem to be ok.

no problem with the discs in the past using easy cd however i noticed in the conversion process mp3 > (write to) audio (after clicking the green button on the right to create list) the %monitor rises steadily to about 75% then suddenly jumps to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh
    no problem with the discs in the past using easy cd however i noticed in the conversion process mp3 > (write to) audio (after clicking the green button on the right to create list) the %monitor rises steadily to about 75% then suddenly jumps to 100%.

Further info that may be of use: another attempt to burn TDK CD-R silver sided 700mb/80min with 60 minutes of mp3s (18 tracks).

After 5 minutes and 0% progress (constant 25% buffer reading) the 'red X' appeared with error warning, 'CD drive error trying to write past the user area of the media'.

Any clues?

Administrator

Doesn't sound good - as a last ditch attempt, have a look at Support >> CD Input

the section about updating ASPI, run the update, if no go and you have registered dCW, contact me by email or PM for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Doesn't sound good - as a last ditch attempt, have a look at Support >> CD Input

the section about updating ASPI, run the update, if no go and you have registered dCW, contact me by email or PM for a refund.

hi spoon - thanks for reply - i did an ASPI update before downloading original files few weeks ago but I'll do it again - I'm loathe to part with the db software because I love all the bits that are working well - by far the best overall package I've found.

If I can get this final part of the jigsaw sorted I'll be well happy. I won't give up easily!

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, doesn't this part tell us something is going wrong with the convertion before he starts the burn?

i'm thinking a codec problem? what is it you are adding to dcw for burning? and what is the setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Razgo
    Spoon, doesn't this part tell us something is going wrong with the convertion before he starts the burn?

i'm thinking a codec problem? what is it you are adding to dcw for burning? and what is the setting?

Success!! Thank you guys - you're the best! I want to thank you for your patience, support and quick responses.

The conversion process is still unnerving - I still get that jump from 75% to 100 (in the test conversion this doesn't happen) but at the moment (3am in the UK) I'm playing a 24 track 78 (!) minute audio cd newly compiled from mp3s. It sounds great (and I also downloaded the 48DSP for creative soundcards for good measure). Spoon - as you suggested, I reinstalled the component via microsoft earlier today - don't know if that did the trick but I went to Iomega and updated the USB update for the zip drive as well.

I knew that db software was too good to trash. Thanks again.