title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Super Moderator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by sicarr View Post
    This is so much faster than running Windows under VMWare Fusion... brilliant!

Just ripped a stack of CDs to FLAC with no issues, however when then converting to MP3 the 'Folder.jpg Preserve' DSP did not work (i.e. folder.jpg not copied to new folder).

MacBook Pro
    OS X 10.9.4
    Thanks for the feedback.

Note that there is a typo in the configuration page of this DSP - it actually expects ".ext1; .ext2" (semicolon delimited) just like in Windows dBpoweramp, not ".ext1, .ext2".

Other than that, it's been confirmed that this DSP does not work as intended on case-sensitive filesystems; the next update (beta 6) will address this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thanks for the report.

After ripping in secure mode, dBpoweramp should show "Conversion Errors & Status Information" window; it would be most helpful if you could post the information it shows after getting these errors.
    I did get that window both times. What it said (if I remember correctly) was "failure to convert to FLAC".

Hi Illustrate,

first of all: It's really really great that you're going to deliver the dbPowerAmp to the Mac. I was daring to see that App for the Mac, as I was using dbPowerAmp on my Windows-PC for several years, and there's nothing comparable on the market.

The beta testing for me is a little bit short, as when I insert a CD for "CD Rip", it continues to "Retrieve Metadata" for the next hours... (OS-X 10.9.4 on Mac Mini i7)

Feedback to the user-interface: It looks like the 1:1 from the Windows PC, so it doesn't feel to me like a Mac-Application yet. Maybe that'll come on a later version, as I don't want to wait any longer. Please keep on coding :-)

Florin

Administrator

>it continues to "Retrieve Metadata" for the next hours... (OS-X 10.9.4 on Mac Mini i7)

Do you have a firewall which could block dBpoweramp?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Florin View Post
    Hi Illustrate,

first of all: It's really really great that you're going to deliver the dbPowerAmp to the Mac. I was daring to see that App for the Mac, as I was using dbPowerAmp on my Windows-PC for several years, and there's nothing comparable on the market.

The beta testing for me is a little bit short, as when I insert a CD for "CD Rip", it continues to "Retrieve Metadata" for the next hours... (OS-X 10.9.4 on Mac Mini i7)

Feedback to the user-interface: It looks like the 1:1 from the Windows PC, so it doesn't feel to me like a Mac-Application yet. Maybe that'll come on a later version, as I don't want to wait any longer. Please keep on coding :-)

Florin
    Thank you for the feedback. Sounds like downloading metadata from either provider gets stuck - perhaps the problem is disc-specific or Internet Service Provider specific? We'll allow this to be somehow aborted or bypassed.

As for the user interface - it is indeed copied 1:1 from Windows. Any suggestions how to change it to act more like other OSX apps are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    I did get that window both times. What it said (if I remember correctly) was "failure to convert to FLAC".
    Thank you for the feedback; sounds like the problem is on the encoding end rather than CD drive access.

Exact report (copy-paste from the dBpoweramp status dialog) would be appreciated.

Thank you for the feedback; sounds like the problem is on the encoding end rather than CD drive access.

Exact report (copy-paste from the dBpoweramp status dialog) would be appreciated.
    Tried ripping the WAV, and the problem repeated. But when I chose Apple Lossless instead, only one track was skipped. These are the messages:

Errors:

Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 5' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/05 Stewart Copeland - Biff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesStewart CopelandBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesRumble Fish.m4a'
    Error unable to open File '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/05 Stewart Copeland - Biff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesStewart CopelandBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesRumble Fish.m4a' for writing. [BeginConversion]

Information:

Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/01 Stewart Copeland - Don't Box Me InStewart CopelandDon't Box Me InStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandDon't Box Me InDon't Box Me InDon't Box Me InRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 32 to 21075 (4:40) in 2:07. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/01 Stewart Copeland - Don't Box Me InStewart CopelandDon't Box Me InStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandDon't Box Me InDon't Box Me InDon't Box Me InRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: ACBA9ED5 AccurateRip CRC: E5BA1FC1 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-1]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 2' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/02 Stewart Copeland - Tulsa TangoStewart CopelandTulsa TangoStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandTulsa TangoTulsa TangoTulsa TangoRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 2: Ripped LBA 21075 to 37730 (3:42) in 1:30. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/02 Stewart Copeland - Tulsa TangoStewart CopelandTulsa TangoStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandTulsa TangoTulsa TangoTulsa TangoRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 54CE39CA AccurateRip CRC: AB336BBB (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-2]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 4' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/04 Stewart Copeland - Party at Someone Else's PlaceStewart CopelandParty at Someone Else's PlaceStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandParty at Someone Else's PlaceParty at Someone Else's PlaceParty at Someone Else's PlaceRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 4: Ripped LBA 57237 to 68157 (2:25) in 0:25. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/04 Stewart Copeland - Party at Someone Else's PlaceStewart CopelandParty at Someone Else's PlaceStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandParty at Someone Else's PlaceParty at Someone Else's PlaceParty at Someone Else's PlaceRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 6B063B63 AccurateRip CRC: 0389CB5F (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-4]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 3' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/03 Stewart Copeland - Our Mother Is AliveStewart CopelandOur Mother Is AliveStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandOur Mother Is AliveOur Mother Is AliveOur Mother Is AliveRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 3: Ripped LBA 37730 to 57237 (4:20) in 1:37. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/03 Stewart Copeland - Our Mother Is AliveStewart CopelandOur Mother Is AliveStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandOur Mother Is AliveOur Mother Is AliveOur Mother Is AliveRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 10EC5136 AccurateRip CRC: B7C5D223 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-3]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 5' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/05 Stewart Copeland - Biff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesStewart CopelandBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 5: Ripped LBA 68157 to 79215 (2:27) in 0:00. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/05 Stewart Copeland - Biff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesStewart CopelandBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesBiff Gets Stomped by Rusty JamesRumble Fish.m4a
    [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 3E84DD17 AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-5]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 6' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/06 Stewart Copeland - Brothers on WheelsStewart CopelandBrothers on WheelsStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandBrothers on WheelsBrothers on WheelsBrothers on WheelsRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 6: Ripped LBA 79215 to 98767 (4:20) in 1:23. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/06 Stewart Copeland - Brothers on WheelsStewart CopelandBrothers on WheelsStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandBrothers on WheelsBrothers on WheelsBrothers on WheelsRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 748BDEA8 AccurateRip CRC: 408DB40A (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-6]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 7' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/07 Stewart Copeland - West Tulsa StoryStewart CopelandWest Tulsa StoryStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandWest Tulsa StoryWest Tulsa StoryWest Tulsa StoryRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 7: Ripped LBA 98767 to 116922 (4:02) in 1:13. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/07 Stewart Copeland - West Tulsa StoryStewart CopelandWest Tulsa StoryStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandWest Tulsa StoryWest Tulsa StoryWest Tulsa StoryRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 0A339ED6 AccurateRip CRC: 3F7EEB8A (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-7]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 8' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/08 Stewart Copeland - Tulsa RagsStewart CopelandTulsa RagsStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandTulsa RagsTulsa RagsTulsa RagsRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 8: Ripped LBA 116922 to 124600 (1:42) in 0:30. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/08 Stewart Copeland - Tulsa RagsStewart CopelandTulsa RagsStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandTulsa RagsTulsa RagsTulsa RagsRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 9B3BBABA AccurateRip CRC: 8B23749F (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-8]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 10' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/10 Stewart Copeland - Hostile Bridge to Benny'sStewart CopelandHostile Bridge to Benny'sStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandHostile Bridge to Benny'sHostile Bridge to Benny'sHostile Bridge to Benny'sRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 10: Ripped LBA 138222 to 146990 (1:56) in 0:16. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/10 Stewart Copeland - Hostile Bridge to Benny'sStewart CopelandHostile Bridge to Benny'sStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandHostile Bridge to Benny'sHostile Bridge to Benny'sHostile Bridge to Benny'sRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 1A8367A7 AccurateRip CRC: 16BE4571 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-10]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 9' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/09 Stewart Copeland - Father on the StairsStewart CopelandFather on the StairsStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandFather on the StairsFather on the StairsFather on the StairsRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 9: Ripped LBA 124600 to 138222 (3:01) in 0:51. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/09 Stewart Copeland - Father on the StairsStewart CopelandFather on the StairsStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandFather on the StairsFather on the StairsFather on the StairsRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 8C32BC6F AccurateRip CRC: A9F25AFD (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-9]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 12' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/12 Stewart Copeland - Personal Midget-Cain's BallroomStewart CopelandPersonal Midget-Cain's BallroomStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandPersonal Midget-Cain's BallroomPersonal Midget-Cain's BallroomPersonal Midget-Cain's BallroomRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 12: Ripped LBA 159785 to 186772 (5:59) in 0:46. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/12 Stewart Copeland - Personal Midget-Cain's BallroomStewart CopelandPersonal Midget-Cain's BallroomStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandPersonal Midget-Cain's BallroomPersonal Midget-Cain's BallroomPersonal Midget-Cain's BallroomRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 5891D0F5 AccurateRip CRC: EAB5B0E3 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-12]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 11' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/11 Stewart Copeland - Your Mother Is Not CrazyStewart CopelandYour Mother Is Not CrazyStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandYour Mother Is Not CrazyYour Mother Is Not CrazyYour Mother Is Not CrazyRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 11: Ripped LBA 146990 to 159785 (2:50) in 0:46. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/11 Stewart Copeland - Your Mother Is Not CrazyStewart CopelandYour Mother Is Not CrazyStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandYour Mother Is Not CrazyYour Mother Is Not CrazyYour Mother Is Not CrazyRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: A7BEA556 AccurateRip CRC: F3B91E13 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-11]
    Information converting to Apple Lossless, 'Track 13' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/13 Stewart Copeland - Motorboy's FateStewart CopelandMotorboy's FateStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandMotorboy's FateMotorboy's FateMotorboy's FateRumble Fish.m4a'
    Track 13: Ripped LBA 186772 to 196017 (2:03) in 0:30. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/Stewart Copeland/Rumble Fish/13 Stewart Copeland - Motorboy's FateStewart CopelandMotorboy's FateStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandStewart CopelandMotorboy's FateMotorboy's FateMotorboy's FateRumble Fish.m4a
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: F2F7EF4E AccurateRip CRC: D281A3AF (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-13]

My own addition:

Despite the program telling me that all but one track were ripped, in actuality there are only 9 track in my folder. 4, 5, 10 & 12 are missing.
    Last edited by KlarkKentThe3rd; 07-24-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    Tried ripping the WAV, and the problem repeated. But when I chose Apple Lossless instead, only one track was skipped. These are the messages:
    (snip)
    My own addition:

Despite the program telling me that all but one track were ripped, in actuality there are only 9 track in my folder. 4, 5, 10 & 12 are missing.
    Thanks a lot for the report.

Thanks to your feedback we've uncovered two distinct issues:

(1)
    The file naming dialog does not make it clear enough that stuff is getting added to your file naming pattern, hence you must be using some super long file naming scheme without realizing having set such - as stuff was getting sneakily added to the current string while you clicked around the dialog.

If you wish to reset file naming settings to the default values, put the following line in the "Naming" box-
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[track] [artist] - [title]

(2)
    Something indeed breaks horribly when such long file names are in use - investigating now.
    For now, just reset your file naming to the defaults posted above in order to get dBpoweramp CD Ripper working correctly.

Thanks a lot for the report.

Thanks to your feedback we've uncovered two distinct issues:

(1)
    The file naming dialog does not make it clear enough that stuff is getting added to your file naming pattern, hence you must be using some super long file naming scheme without realizing having set such - as stuff was getting sneakily added to the current string while you clicked around the dialog.

If you wish to reset file naming settings to the default values, put the following line in the "Naming" box-
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[track] [artist] - [title]

(2)
    Something indeed breaks horribly when such long file names are in use - investigating now.
    For now, just reset your file naming to the defaults posted above in order to get dBpoweramp CD Ripper working correctly.
    YES! That solved everything!

Just wondering, can I choose to not tag the files at all, and only choose the folder they are ripped to? I like the name the files like this: track number(space)performer - track name

Just in case you need it, information:
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/01 Stewart Copeland - Don't Box Me In.flac'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 32 to 21075 (4:40) in 2:07. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/01 Stewart Copeland - Don't Box Me In.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: ACBA9ED5 AccurateRip CRC: E5BA1FC1 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-1]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 2' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/02 Stewart Copeland - Tulsa Tango.flac'
    Track 2: Ripped LBA 21075 to 37730 (3:42) in 1:30. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/02 Stewart Copeland - Tulsa Tango.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 54CE39CA AccurateRip CRC: AB336BBB (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-2]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 3' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/03 Stewart Copeland - Our Mother Is Alive.flac'
    Track 3: Ripped LBA 37730 to 57237 (4:20) in 1:37. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/03 Stewart Copeland - Our Mother Is Alive.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 10EC5136 AccurateRip CRC: B7C5D223 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-3]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 4' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/04 Stewart Copeland - Party at Someone Else's Place.flac'
    Track 4: Ripped LBA 57237 to 68157 (2:25) in 0:51. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/04 Stewart Copeland - Party at Someone Else's Place.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 6B063B63 AccurateRip CRC: 0389CB5F (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-4]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 5' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/05 Stewart Copeland - Biff Gets Stomped by Rusty James.flac'
    Track 5: Ripped LBA 68157 to 79215 (2:27) in 0:49. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/05 Stewart Copeland - Biff Gets Stomped by Rusty James.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 669954A2 AccurateRip CRC: FCF87446 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-5]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 6' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/06 Stewart Copeland - Brothers on Wheels.flac'
    Track 6: Ripped LBA 79215 to 98767 (4:20) in 1:23. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/06 Stewart Copeland - Brothers on Wheels.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 748BDEA8 AccurateRip CRC: 408DB40A (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-6]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 7' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/07 Stewart Copeland - West Tulsa Story.flac'
    Track 7: Ripped LBA 98767 to 116922 (4:02) in 1:13. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/07 Stewart Copeland - West Tulsa Story.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 0A339ED6 AccurateRip CRC: 3F7EEB8A (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-7]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 8' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/08 Stewart Copeland - Tulsa Rags.flac'
    Track 8: Ripped LBA 116922 to 124600 (1:42) in 0:30. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/08 Stewart Copeland - Tulsa Rags.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 9B3BBABA AccurateRip CRC: 8B23749F (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-8]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 9' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/09 Stewart Copeland - Father on the Stairs.flac'
    Track 9: Ripped LBA 124600 to 138222 (3:01) in 0:51. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/09 Stewart Copeland - Father on the Stairs.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 8C32BC6F AccurateRip CRC: A9F25AFD (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-9]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 10' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/10 Stewart Copeland - Hostile Bridge to Benny's.flac'
    Track 10: Ripped LBA 138222 to 146990 (1:56) in 0:32. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/10 Stewart Copeland - Hostile Bridge to Benny's.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 1A8367A7 AccurateRip CRC: 16BE4571 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-10]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 11' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/11 Stewart Copeland - Your Mother Is Not Crazy.flac'
    Track 11: Ripped LBA 146990 to 159785 (2:50) in 0:46. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/11 Stewart Copeland - Your Mother Is Not Crazy.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: A7BEA556 AccurateRip CRC: F3B91E13 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-11]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 12' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/12 Stewart Copeland - Personal Midget-Cain's Ballroom.flac'
    Track 12: Ripped LBA 159785 to 186772 (5:59) in 1:32. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/12 Stewart Copeland - Personal Midget-Cain's Ballroom.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 5891D0F5 AccurateRip CRC: EAB5B0E3 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-12]
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 13' to '/Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/13 Stewart Copeland - Motorboy's Fate.flac'
    Track 13: Ripped LBA 186772 to 196017 (2:03) in 0:30. Filename: /Users/Mister_Twister/Documents/[IVALUE]album artist,,Stewart Copeland[]/Rumble Fish/13 Stewart Copeland - Motorboy's Fate.flac
    Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: F2F7EF4E AccurateRip CRC: D281A3AF (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-0015d7e1-00d63160-a70a350d-13]

dBpoweramp Guru

for track number(space)performer - track name

in lower left of ripping screen, on naming row click on SET, then use this string for dynamic naming

[artist]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]

this creates separate subdirectory for Artist and then under this for album by that artist. If you really don't want those separate subdirectories, use this:

[track] [artist] - [title]

re tags (probably a very bad idea not to have at least basic artist, album, track number, and track name tags), but anyhow, in ripper, click on the options button at top, scroll down to metadata and ID tags, then click options to the right of this item, then scroll down and untick the tags you don't want. I don't know if this keeps entire tag from being written, but it does keep particular metadata items from being written to the tag itself. p.s. why do you not want tags. You don't have to use them if you don't want, but what can they hurt (and of course there are many advantages to tags).

Super Moderator

Beta 6 is out; all "not implemented" features from the previous versions are now functional; lots of bugs have been fixed.

Regarding the infinitely stuck "retrieving metadata" bug, please report what the dialog says in the new version.

Beta 6 is out; all "not implemented" features from the previous versions are now functional; lots of bugs have been fixed.

Regarding the infinitely stuck "retrieving metadata" bug, please report what the dialog says in the new version.
    I installed Beta 6, and have ripped 7 CDs so far. I do have a few questions/comments, I was hoping you could address.

1) I configured Ultra Secure to perform a minimum of 2 passes (see options/settings below). If I understand the log correctly, it appears as though each of the CDs I have ripped have only had 1 Pass. There is no mention of Ultra or Secure in the Extraction Log. I also noticed in the Rip Status column that each track shows "Accurate (**)" when it finishes. Is this a bug, or are things working correctly? Perhaps the second pass only occurs if the AccurateRip doesn't match?

Options:

I selected the "Secure (Recover Errors)" for the "Ripping Method".

In "Secure Settings", I am currently using the following:

Ultra Secure
    [x] Enable Ultra Secure Ripping
    Minimum Ultra Passes: 2
    Maximum Ultra Passes: 4
    End After Clean Passes: 2

Individual Bad Frames
    Maximum Re-Reads: 34

Drive Read Cache: 1024 KB
    [x] C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection
    [x] 8KB Transfers (C2 Pointers over USB / Firewire)

[...]

[x] Interpolate Unrecoverable Frames
    [x] Mark Track as Error if Insecure

[...]

=== Snippet from Extraction Log ===

dBpoweramp Digital Audio Extraction Log from 2014-07:25 20:22:04

Drive & Settings
    ----------------

Ripping with drive 'disk3 [OPTIARC - DVD RW AD-5630A]', Drive offset: 48, Overread Lead-in/out: No
    AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: Yes, Cache: 1024 KB, FUA Cache Invalidate: No
    Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
    Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 2, Max Passes: 4, Finish After Clean Passes: 2
    Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 34

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-8 -verify

Extraction Log
    --------------

Track 1: Ripped LBA 33 to 15153 (3:21) in 0:39. Filename: /Volumes/media/Music/FLAC/B-52s, The/Wild Planet/01 B-52s, The - Party out of Bounds.flac
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 13) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: A6A36315 AccurateRip CRC: 73FFF55E (CRCv2) [DiscID: 009-000b4bdb-00540601-67083009-1]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 13 [CRCv2 73fff55e]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 31 [CRCv1 cd2d4641]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 27 [CRCv2 43918072], Using Pressing Offset +735
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 54 [CRCv1 8b7caed3], Using Pressing Offset +735

Track 2: Ripped LBA 15153 to 30253 (3:21) in 0:36. Filename: /Volumes/media/Music/FLAC/B-52s, The/Wild Planet/02 B-52s, The - Dirty Back Road.flac
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 13) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 0D34FF8C AccurateRip CRC: 02EBA5DF (CRCv2) [DiscID: 009-000b4bdb-00540601-67083009-2]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 13 [CRCv2 2eba5df]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 33 [CRCv1 1d1b2af4]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 27 [CRCv2 401df4de], Using Pressing Offset +735
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 56 [CRCv1 2c1a9686], Using Pressing Offset +735
    [...]
    9 Tracks Ripped Accurately

2) Have you considered creating a setting/preference that would enable dBpoweramp to automatically rip a CD after it is inserted in the drive? Perhaps there could be a 60 second (or user configurable) delay before the ripping begins, and there could be a button that could be pressed to stop the automatic rip before it begins if need be (e.g. if the user wants to change Options, Metadata, etc).

3) Have you considered adding support for ripping from multiple drives?

Thanks.

Administrator

Ultra secure is not used if AccurateRip matches, there is no need for it.

Actually, AccurateRip is not perfect. Someone may have ripped the ONE defective CD first, or a bootleg (again, first).

Unrelated to that, I have two questions.

1) How do I save logs? I want/like to preserve the logs in the folder with the audio tracks themselves.
    2) How is DBP's secure mode different from, let's say, CDParanoia?

Administrator

>Someone may have ripped the ONE defective CD first, or a bootleg (again, first).

And if there are more than 1 submission, these 'bad' submissions would not make it in to the database, and even if they were in the database they would be stored side by side with the real values, so would not affect you. Someone with an error, would not match your rip with an error, because you have different discs, with different scratches.

There is an option on the secure ripping page to save the logs to the ripped folder.

2) See:

http://dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

under "Functional Ripping Methods"

CoreConverter fails to write ID tags (source is ALAC):

$ /Applications/dBpoweramp\ Music\ Converter.app/Contents/Resources/bin/CoreConverter -infile="/Volumes/afpcimedia/Music/Music/Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers/Greatest Hits/01 American Girl.m4a" -outfile=foo.m4a -convert_to="m4a FDK (AAC)"

dBpoweramp Music Converter (C) 2013 Illustrate Ltd

Encoding: m4a FDK (AAC)
    Audio Source: /Volumes/afpcimedia/Music/Music/Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers/Greatest Hits/01 American Girl.m4a
    Audio Destination: foo.m4a

0%-----------25%-----------50%-----------75%-----------100%

Writing ID Tags: Conversion Failed.
    Unable to tag file 'foo.m4a'