title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Super Moderator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Beta 4 update with fixes for the two issues reported above (stuck 'please wait', Optiarc drives not recognized) is already up since yesterday.

Please confirm whether the issues are fixed for you after updating to beta 4.

Thanks.

Ripper

I just did some testing of CD ripper. Did not find any problems. Just noticed a few things.

1) Once the program is closed there does not seem to be a way to eject a CD from a CD drive. You have to start the program again and eject from within the program.

2) It maybe best to make the default ripping method "Secure"

3) Is there going to be functionality to limit the tags that are saved in the audio files? For example I only want the tags that iTunes can read to be saved.

Overall I would say it looks very good.

Spoon,

I tested beta 4 today on OSX 10.9.4 and here is what I found...

1) ALAC to FLAC conversion now works.
    2) Tracks with a question mark in the track title got file names with upside down question marks. ID3 tags were correct for the question mark.
    3) Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist tags were dropped from the tags in the destination files.

Regards,
    amosh

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We have identified the issue with FLAC, the next update will fix.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by amosh View Post
    Spoon,

I tested beta 4 today on OSX 10.9.4 and here is what I found...

2) Tracks with a question mark in the track title got file names with upside down question marks. ID3 tags were correct for the question mark.

Regards,
    amosh
    That's how the files are named on PC. Consistency in file naming between the platforms is important, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Beta 4 update with fixes for the two issues reported above (stuck 'please wait', Optiarc drives not recognized) is already up since yesterday.

Please confirm whether the issues are fixed for you after updating to beta 4.

Thanks.
    It now identifies my drive and ripped a cd without any problems that I saw. Thanks.

Tested the software Beta 4 on my Imac, and everything works, great work (thanks)

I've been testing beta 4 today and so far the app seems really promising. The planned but not implemented features are an obviously missing, but so far I've noticed the following:

1. I've tried to rip 10 CDs so far. 8 were ripped fine, 2 were not recognized at all. The 2 that failed to be recognized were ripped with XLD without problems.
    2. Sometimes the settings (directory, naming pattern) don't apply for some reason
    3. I really miss the option of using underscore instead of space in file and directory names

Looking good though. Gonna keep using the beta.

Super Moderator

Thank you for your feedback. Please report what exact album CDs cannot be ripped; we'll look into it.

I tried the Beta 4, and it did fix the please wait "stuck" message.

I am converting files from a NAS, and the batch converter recognizes it, and all the folders on it. However, the sort order appears to be by 'folder modified date' instead of alphabetical order. How to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. Please report what exact album CDs cannot be ripped; we'll look into it.
    The albums were Current 93 &*8206;– Baalstorm, Sing Omega and The Black Keys &*8206;– Turn Blue.

It's not that I wasn't able to rip them, but they were not detected at all. When I inserted the disc the drive started spinning, the app was assumably trying to read the TOC and then nothing. The drive stopped spinning, track list was empty as if the disc had not been recognized at all. Switch to XLD, detect tracks, rip without a problem.

Macbook Air (mid 2013), external superdrive and the latest OsX.

Only registered (just now) to report problems with the program. Always wanted to have a "professional" ripping and converting software, and I really want my complaints to be heard, and problems fixed before the final release.

I tried the CD ripper, and right from the start, there were problems. I was ripping an error-free CD (tested with XLD many times), and 3 tracks out of 13 were not ripped. And it's not like there was something wrong with the tracks (byte mismatch or anything); DBP just skipped over those tracks, giving me the "error" message instead of a progress bar. Again, I ripped the disk with XLD several times in the past, and recently with iTunes (in error-correction mode). The disk never gave me any problems, so it's on the ripper's end.

The disk in question is Rumble Fish soundtrack (original CD release by A&M). I hope the "skip+error" problem gets fixed.

EDIT: I tried again, and this time 4 tracks failed to get ripped. I don't like this; the program skips tracks, not even looking at them.
    Last edited by KlarkKentThe3rd; 07-19-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Just tried beta5 and the Current 93 CD still looks like this:

This is so much faster than running Windows under VMWare Fusion... brilliant!

Just ripped a stack of CDs to FLAC with no issues, however when then converting to MP3 the 'Folder.jpg Preserve' DSP did not work (i.e. folder.jpg not copied to new folder).

MacBook Pro
    OS X 10.9.4

To give complete information on my case, here is the log from XLD. I tried ripping it again today, and again the disc was perfectly error-free. For whatever reason, the log refused to get saved, so I took a screenshot instead.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    Only registered (just now) to report problems with the program. Always wanted to have a "professional" ripping and converting software, and I really want my complaints to be heard, and problems fixed before the final release.

I tried the CD ripper, and right from the start, there were problems. I was ripping an error-free CD (tested with XLD many times), and 3 tracks out of 13 were not ripped. And it's not like there was something wrong with the tracks (byte mismatch or anything); DBP just skipped over those tracks, giving me the "error" message instead of a progress bar. Again, I ripped the disk with XLD several times in the past, and recently with iTunes (in error-correction mode). The disk never gave me any problems, so it's on the ripper's end.

The disk in question is Rumble Fish soundtrack (original CD release by A&M). I hope the "skip+error" problem gets fixed.

EDIT: I tried again, and this time 4 tracks failed to get ripped. I don't like this; the program skips tracks, not even looking at them.
    Thanks for the report.

After ripping in secure mode, dBpoweramp should show "Conversion Errors & Status Information" window; it would be most helpful if you could post the information it shows after getting these errors.