title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Would love the latest Opus codec update.

http://www.rarewares.org/opus.php

Administrator

It should already be 1.1

1.1.1 is in beta testing and not released yet.

dBpoweramp ripper is not refreshing the window contents. Often it will open to a blank window (there is a border but nothing inside). Minimizing and restoring the window will usually get it to show everything except the CD tracks. Moving the app on the screen results is a scrambled display. It will rip a disc but does then the rip log reults are scrambled and unreadable. It appears to be working other than the display problem, but that makes it impractical to use.

I originally installed beta 9 and it worked fine, then this started happening for no obvious reason. I have not updated anything or made any other changes to the computer. I deleted dBpoweramp nad reinstalled beta 10, but that did not solve the problem. I'm running Mavericks on a new Mac Pro if that matters. Any ideas? Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by flips View Post
    So happy there's an OS X version around. It worked really well for about 25 CD's. Then it got kinda hung up on secure ripping one track, re-reading 3 frames took forever and ever -- almost ... Had to eject the CD and quit dBPowerAmp. Now I have a problem. The ripper window is just as small as the first select windows, and it stays just white. I haven't been able to bring back the main window.
    I tried nuking app and the prefs file and reinstalling, tried rebooting, but same result.
    Also it crashes if I enter Prefences and click the secure settings ...
    Not sure how to proceed from here on.

Attachment 364
    I just installed the latest beta. But I still have this issue. Is there a list of which files/dirs to delete to start afresh?
    I only get a blank window for CD Ripper ...

I am seeing the same issue as PJto (posted on 08-16-2014, 09:28 PM) in this thread. No matter what I try, the items in this menu (Apply Track Number Offset) are always gray and unselectable.

As reference, my system is:
    iMac (Late 2013) 3.5GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB ram
    OSX 10.10.1

Thanks in advance if anyone has any idea about what might be causing this.

Administrator

We think we know what the issue is and will issue a new beta shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Thank you for the super fast response

Mac OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks
    When Using the tag editor through the right click menu on multiple files, if you change the field and leave it selected (highlighted blue), when you use the next arrow the data in the selected field is carried into the next track

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc8hc56rxi...Error.png?dl=0

So In the attached Screenshot, when I clicked the next arrow "10" was carried into the next track overwriting "11/13"

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    This was probably not in reply to my issue(?).
    But if I create a new user account on the Mac, the program works again. However, having lots of user accounts is a bad workaround, so which files/dirs can I delete to have dBPoweramp work/start as if it was never run before for a specific user account?

I recently moved from Windows to MacBook Pro (10.9.5) and was looking for a Mac ripper/converter having used dBpoweramp for Windows for quite a while. I was very happy to find this beta (lastest version) and have started using it already.

I found a few things i wanted to report as i am not sure if those are not added yet, or if i have not figured out how to do it in the Mac version.

1) When ripping the windows version had an option to get the art work from a scanner. I used that for the special German CD from the Audio magazine where i could not find any art work on the internet. It was quiet handy, as all i had to do is to add the CD sleeve into the scanner and just scan, the ripper did all the sizing for me. I did not find this option in the Mac version. Is it planned to have this option to a future version?
    2) When ripping i wanted to change the album name and some song titles. I can do that right on the ripping screen, but after ripping the CD the album name and the song titles show the original name and not my changes. Do i have to make the changes somewhere else?
    3) In the menu bar under the File pull down it only shows "Rip Audio CD", it would be nice to also have an option for "Music Converter" and "Batch Converter".
    4) When ripping i use FLAC and Apple Lossless at the same time. Each folder has the correct art work. I tried the batch converter for some older FLACs (which had art work) into Apple Lossless, but after the conversion the art work was missing in the Apple Lossless folder. In the batch converter i tried to add the art work with Edit Tags, was able to add the art work, but not apply it, thus, the art work was not added. Is there any other way to add it? Without it it does not show up in iTunes either.

And thank you for this great app and for porting it to the Mac.

Having just migrated to a new 27" iMac with no internal CD/DVD player on Yosemite I find my discs are no longer being detected by the CD Ripper.

I get "No audio CD Inserted" and the Drive selector doesn't appear to function yet. I only have a Drive but it's USB.

Is support for external cd/dvd drives far away? Most Macs released in the past few years don't have an internal cd/dvd drive.

Thanks.
    Last edited by MacOCD; 12-26-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Administrator

All drives should be supported, internal and external.

Hi there,

maybe a batch converter flac to alac issue?

System:
    a mid 2010 Mac Pro, 2 x 2,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
    and several external USB volumes, the concerning here are:
    1. 3 TB FAT32 containing a Folder called FLAC with about 9700 flac-files
    2. 2 TB exFAT empty before converting
    3. 2 TB Mac OS extended
    4. 3 TB exFAT

The target folders are on all disks Musik/ALAC
    All disks have way more disk space left as needed for the files.

First Problem: This is not a very weak computer but after starting batch ripping it is nearly impossible to use other functions. Just opening TextEdit or a new Safari window last about a minute or so. When writing these words they appear some seconds after hitting the keys. OK, I can leave the computer while converting.

Main Problem:
    • 1st attempt converting 9700 flac files to alac from disk *1 from FLAC folder to ALAC folder left about 2600 errors, empty space after converting 345 GB
    • 2nd attempt converting the remaining 2600 files from disk *1 to disk *2 left about 780 errors, empty space after converting 1,95 TB
    • 3rd attempt converting the remaining 780 files to disk *3 left again a lot of errors, empty space after converting 1,99 TB
    • 4th attempt converting the remaining files to disk *4 is just running during writing and posting this.

I tried to attach the error report from attempt *2 which did not work, because it exceeded the allowed file size of 100 kb (257,5 kb) and so I only uploaded error report *3.
    Error_Report_2014-12-28_15.17_h.txt
    Sincerely
    Dietrich
    Last edited by siriussurfer; 12-28-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Unfortunately I accidently closed the last error report after the last converting session before reconverting the missing files.

In every session there were always about 30 to 40 % errors, in the last session there were left about 40. It would take hours to find out now, which ones these were. Is there a possibility to find an error report in the depth of the system files? So I could manually select the missing files.

It appears that CD-Text is not being read

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
    1. Burn a playlist of mixed artists from iTunes (I used version 12.0.1.26) to a CD, and include CD-text
    2. After burning the CD, eject it, and then reload it
    NOTE: iTunes is able to read the CD-text, and using Terminal to retrieve it, verifies that the CD does, indeed, have text
    3. Launch CDRipper, and attempt to read the meta data via CD-text
    RESULT: No track names or other meta data is found