title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PFB
    • Oct 2014

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Thank you for making your excellent program available on OS X. Are updates automatic?

I am using CD Ripper V1.0 beta 7 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.

- Buttons are not operational until a CD is inserted, which makes initial setup inconvenient.
    - Help is unavailable.
    - Track titles and composers can be entered, but are not retained, when manually entering meta data.
    - Red button at upper left is not operational so program must be quit to close window.
    - Can you prevent iTunes from opening automatically when CD is loaded?
    - For Encoder>FLAC>DSP Effects, could not "Clear all" and could not add the labeled effect.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Updates are not automatic.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• skolis
        • Oct 2014

getting the following message when trying to configure accurate rip:
        "Could not contact AccurateRip servers"
        just fyi, XLD on my system is able to access it fine.
        suggestions?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Do you have a firewall active on your system?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• skolis
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
            Do you have a firewall active on your system?
            Firewall is on and has been set with exceptions: that is, it will "allow incoming connections" for dppoweramp music converter.
            ( and for other stuff, like XLD - which btw I've been using and am keen to switch over to dppoweramp on my mac if I can sort this out)
            Do I need to separately create an exception for AccurateRip.com ( or similar)?

Comment

• KlarkKentThe3rd
              • Jul 2014

This may go into DBPA general (if there is one), but I'll ask here. A friend sent me a bunch of AIF files that he made with Toast (he stored several of his albums in a format exclusive to that program). So, I tried to convert those to Apple Lossless. There were 16 files in total. All converted fine, but I got warnings for the last 7.

It read as such:
              Warning: AIFF chunk has uneven databytes, is non-compliant AIFF

What does it mean?

Comment

• skolis
                • Oct 2014

..... and days pass.......
                questions unanswered......
                other questions not even posted.
                and Klark waits as do others
                and still: "Could not contact AccurateRip servers" "
                dppa for mac moves to trash bin
                bookmarks to forum are deleted
                and life returns to XLD

Comment

• mbd
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by PFB
                  - Buttons are not operational until a CD is inserted, which makes initial setup inconvenient.
                  +1

Originally posted by PFB
                  - Can you prevent iTunes from opening automatically when CD is loaded?
                  You can set this from the Apple System Preferences app in the "CDs & DVDs" preference pane.

Comment

• mbd
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
                    Batch Ripper will not make it to the MAC, the drivers for the robots are not available generally on OS X.
                    Hi Spoon, the Acronova NB21 works with the Mac and has a corresponding app (QQGetTray) to handle loading/unloading automatically. XLD (for audio) and RipIt (for DVDs) already work with it.

In a related note, I'm not sure if I've missed something really obvious, but is there a way to have DBPA automatically start ripping an audio CD when it's inserted?
                    Last edited by mbd; 10-29-2014, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• mbd
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by skolis
                      Firewall is on and has been set with exceptions: that is, it will "allow incoming connections" for dppoweramp music converter.
                      ( and for other stuff, like XLD - which btw I've been using and am keen to switch over to dppoweramp on my mac if I can sort this out)
                      Do I need to separately create an exception for AccurateRip.com ( or similar)?
                      You might find this app helpful to work out the HTTP/HTTPS connections being made to/from your machine;

It has a free trial, so you should be able to work out what needs to be opened quickly and without having to pay for the software.

Comment

• PFB
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by mbd
                        +1

You can set this from the Apple System Preferences app in the "CDs & DVDs" preference pane.
                        What does "+1" signify?

I don't see a CDs and DVDs preference pane in Yosemite, but I was hoping that dBpa specifically could turn off the opening of iTunes, rather than making this a general setting.

Comment

• henners
                          • Oct 2014

I've got an issue using the dbpoweramp CD ripper with a NAS (we store all our music library on a NAS on the network - a WD My Cloud).

The first time I used dbpoweramp it all worked fine - I was using the multi-encoder to rip to 5 different formats (FLAC, and MP3 with 4 different bit rates).

However, when I returned a few days later to rip some more CDs, I got the following error messages when running the rip:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 09.25.22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	292802

Upon further inspection, I realised that the encoder had used an alias for root directory to save in, which was no longer valid:

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 09.59.05.png
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	292803

To get it to work, I needed to re-set the root folder for each of the 5 encoders, using the Mac file browser, which is a real pain.
                          Would it be possible for dbpoweramp to remember the full network path when storing root folder locations, like other applications do?

Also, when using the file browser, the network locations were not appearing in the left panel of the browser (they did appear the first time I used the file browser, but not subsequently).
                          I had to browse back to the root of the machine, select network etc. to find the NAS.

Best regards,
                          Henners.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

It does not make much sense that it would switch from:

/Volumes/Public-2/

to

/Volumes/Public-1/

its self, these are not paths it could guess. Have you ever set public-1 as the path?
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• UK_Guy
                              • Oct 2014

Looks like your NAS has taken on the Public-2 because AFP already thinks there is another share named Public.

I say that as last night I was moving from a ReadyNAS with a share of Music to a Qnap with the same share name, and OS X in terminal see them as Music-1 & Music so iTunes got confused.

Once I shut down the ReadyNAS, iTunes sees it again as \Music

We get the same thing in the office if we clone a Mac and boot it up whilst the original is still connected, as there can't be two identically named machines on the network, it adds 2, 3 etc. to the name.

Hope this is of some help

Mike R

Comment

• henners
                                • Oct 2014

I have not manually mounted the NAS - just browsed to it using the file browser in dbpoweramp, or in finder.

For your info, here's a screenshot of the file information for one of the audio files on the NAS, using finder.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 15.06.51.png
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	292804

Here is a screenshot of a terminal session showing public & public-1 empty, and the files in public-2, together with the mount output.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 15.09.30.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	292805

Hope this helps. I'm thinking that if the Mac has not used a network share for a while, it will unmount it, and re-mount it when it needs it. It does seem odd that it would be using different mount points each time. Could it be that the way the file browser in dbpoweramp is mounting shares is different from finder, and it thinks that the mount point is not available, and sets a new one?

Comment

Working...

]]>