title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Almost forgot! Last question (probably) before the big release: can DBPA rip CDs without including pre-gap?

Is ANSI ID3v2 Text Encoding supported in beta 7?

Administrator

There is no ability to rip without pregap.

ID3v2 ansi is supported, we just do not expose the configuration options yet.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KlarkKentThe3rd View Post
    Almost forgot! Last question (probably) before the big release: can DBPA rip CDs without including pre-gap?
    why do you need to rip without pregap? If you're asking whether dbpa rips gapless CDs correctly, the answer is yes. I have lots of gapless CDs and dbpa rips them perfectly so that they play back gapless on all my players (squeezebox, ithings, foobar2000, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    why do you need to rip without pregap? If you're asking whether dbpa rips gapless CDs correctly, the answer is yes. I have lots of gapless CDs and dbpa rips them perfectly so that they play back gapless on all my players (squeezebox, ithings, foobar2000, etc.).
    Great. I was just worried for some of the albums I have where certain tracks fade into the next one. Does that mean that such tracks are gapless?

I guess I have nothing to worry about if yes.

dBpoweramp Guru

These gapless albums are ripped as gapless by all ripping programs.

dBpoweramp Guru

Great. I was just worried for some of the albums I have where certain tracks fade into the next one. Does that mean that such tracks are gapless?

I guess I have nothing to worry about if yes.
    as spoon notes, yes, will be ripped perfectly with the fades intact. dbpa will rip all your CDs to playback exactly as they do from CD (gapless, fades between tracks, or however the CD works...

I promised to not ask any more questions, and this is not a question. It's a minor complaint. I cannot copy or paste anything within the metadata windows, or any windows for that matter. I think of myself as a good typer, but typing the name of every artist and composer every time gets annoying.

dBpoweramp Guru

I promised to not ask any more questions, and this is not a question. It's a minor complaint. I cannot copy or paste anything within the metadata windows, or any windows for that matter. I think of myself as a good typer, but typing the name of every artist and composer every time gets annoying.
    I'm not at home to test. I know I could copy and paste into certain places in dbpa, but I can't recall if I ever tried to paste into the metadata fields in the ripper page (either the automatic metadata is good or I have to make a change/correction and that requires typing anyhow). I'll have to test later. To be clear, do you mean pasting into, say ALBUM or ARTIST?

p.s. and don't promise not to ask questions. I've been using this program for 7 years and I still have occasional questions!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by flips View Post
    I managed to get it stuck with the same symptoms again. This time I just closed the review metadata window with the red/close button, and all dBPowerAmp windows are gone. And if I bring it back with Cmd+R or re-open the app, the ripper window is small a blank, and entering preferences, secure rip prefs causes a crash. (It seems to have forgotten my previously selected secure rip choice as well.)
    I guess I'll get it back in working condition with creating a new user, but removing the problem prefs file or whatever it is, would be better
    And, am I the only one seeing/having such issues? Should I report it in some other way?

Administrator

This is the correct place to report, once every 3 weeks we take a look and update the program as required.

Hi. Can't get the program to acknowledge CDs. I have two MacBook Airs, both running Mountain Lion, and a USB Superdrive. Both Finder and iTunes can read the CDs. dBpoweramp knows when the superdrive is connected with a CD inside because the "insert a CD" box disappears and the disk spins but then it seems to freeze. What am I missing?

Having just moved from PC to Mac, it's great to see this OS X beta available - I've been a paid-up user of the PC version for a while.

A couple of things I've noticed:
    - The Command-C, Command-V etc. shortcuts for copy and paste do not work on any of the dialog boxes
    - When in review metadata, if I edit individual track titles, these revert to default when I exit - it is not keeping the changes

I'll post anything else I pick up.

Keep up the great work!

Whilst the Command-C and Command-V shortcuts don't seem to have been implemented yet, you can right-click and use copy & paste from the context menu.

Sorry if this bug already mentioned. I'm using OS 10.8.5 and Beta 7. When I use CD ripper and insert a CD the GUI is frozen. No buttons can be clicked, but all the menu options are working so program isn't fully frozen. Since iTunes asked to rip CD automatically, I exited iTunes first and then inserted a CD. Then CD ripper has GUI completely missing. Totally gray window, only a title bar.