title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

The virtual drive must exist, for it to be listed. Search google for "WD virtual cd 1110"
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by exchgr
      I'd love to be able to use utility codecs/DSPs (specifically, ReplayGain with ITUNNORM support) without needing to transcode. The whole point of ReplayGain is to nondestructively normalize your music; transcoding defeats the purpose.

Side note: This is the only OS X app I've found that supports this feature for AAC files. Would be great if this were made a priority.
      I'm not sure about the current status of the OSX beta application, but for the full version I use in Windows, what you are wanting is available and standard. That is, I can select files/albums and "convert to" a DSP effect (e.g., ReplayGain). This simply will add the RG tags and not transcode at all. Perhaps the use of the term "convert to" is misleading in that context, as there is no "audio conversion" going on in my example.

Comment

• supersonic
        • Sep 2014

The WD virtual cd 1110 is in the WD smart ware packaged with the MyBook I use for backup with Time Machine. Can it be deselectable, or at least can the accurate rip configuration be stopped.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by garym
          I'm not sure about the current status of the OSX beta application, but for the full version I use in Windows, what you are wanting is available and standard. That is, I can select files/albums and "convert to" a DSP effect (e.g., ReplayGain). This simply will add the RG tags and not transcode at all. Perhaps the use of the term "convert to" is misleading in that context, as there is no "audio conversion" going on in my example.
          and note that some (many) DSPs and UTILITY CODECS must be installed separately from dbpoweramp. These can be downloaded and installed from here (note I'm a windows user, so not sure about status of OSX DSPs for download).

Comment

• Eric Seaberg
            • Apr 2010

Side note: This is the only OS X app I've found that supports this feature for AAC files. Would be great if this were made a priority.
            Not entirely true, there's an OSX app I use called iVolume that does an amazing job with ReplayGain, and allows you to adjust the threshold at which it works. http://www.mani.de/en/ivolume/

Not to sidestep dBpoweramp, which I too am THRILLED to see ported over to Mac, but I just wnated to throw out the other app available.

Comment

• exchgr
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by garym
              note I'm a windows user
              I am aware of the existence of Windows utility codecs. I am not a Windows user. I'm requesting that the utility codecs be released as standalone programs for OS X. Currently, they're only available as part of the transcoding process.

Comment

• exchgr
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Eric Seaberg
                Not entirely true, there's an OSX app I use called iVolume that does an amazing job with ReplayGain, and allows you to adjust the threshold at which it works. http://www.mani.de/en/ivolume/

Not to sidestep dBpoweramp, which I too am THRILLED to see ported over to Mac, but I just wnated to throw out the other app available.
                Thanks, I had seen that and forgotten about it. Since I only needed it for one album, I was able to avoid overstepping the demo limit, too.

Comment

• MacOCD
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Eric Seaberg
                  ...there's an OSX app I use called iVolume that does an amazing job with ReplayGain...

Thanks, I'd forgotten about iVolume, I have that from a bundle years ago. It'll keep me going until/if these features make it into DBPA

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

I am aware of the existence of Windows utility codecs. I am not a Windows user. I'm requesting that the utility codecs be released as standalone programs for OS X. Currently, they're only available as part of the transcoding process.
                    I'm sure that's part of the ultimate plan. Not a full service program if that is not done (eventually).

Comment

• Feb 2012

Hi Spoon,

Now that Apple has announced the release date for Yosemite (OSX 10.10) as October 16, I was wondering if you've compiled with the beta library. Or if you intend to do so.

Thanks for your obsessive dedication over these many years,

Mark

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Not yet no.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• moonloop
                          • Oct 2009

Just another note of appreciation for all the hard work porting to OSX . It really is much appreciated.

~M~

Comment

• flips
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jan 2006

So happy there's an OS X version around. It worked really well for about 25 CD's. Then it got kinda hung up on secure ripping one track, re-reading 3 frames took forever and ever -- almost ... Had to eject the CD and quit dBPowerAmp. Now I have a problem. The ripper window is just as small as the first select windows, and it stays just white. I haven't been able to bring back the main window.
                            I tried nuking app and the prefs file and reinstalling, tried rebooting, but same result.
                            Also it crashes if I enter Prefences and click the secure settings ...
                            Not sure how to proceed from here on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 16.31.51 .png
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	292763
                            Last edited by flips; 10-05-2014, 02:42 PM. Reason: Adding screenshot

Comment

• flips
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Jan 2006

I get the normal functionality back if I create a new user on the system (Mavericks 10.9.5). But it would be nice to know what's messed up for my default user -- so I won't have to copy music from this new user all the time ... (I tried removing the plist prefs file and searched/looked for other files/dirs, with no luck.)

Comment

• flips
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Jan 2006

I managed to get it stuck with the same symptoms again. This time I just closed the review metadata window with the red/close button, and all dBPowerAmp windows are gone. And if I bring it back with Cmd+R or re-open the app, the ripper window is small a blank, and entering preferences, secure rip prefs causes a crash. (It seems to have forgotten my previously selected secure rip choice as well.)
                                I guess I'll get it back in working condition with creating a new user, but removing the problem prefs file or whatever it is, would be better

Comment

Working...

]]>