title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

The virtual drive must exist, for it to be listed. Search google for "WD virtual cd 1110"

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by exchgr View Post
    I'd love to be able to use utility codecs/DSPs (specifically, ReplayGain with ITUNNORM support) without needing to transcode. The whole point of ReplayGain is to nondestructively normalize your music; transcoding defeats the purpose.

Side note: This is the only OS X app I've found that supports this feature for AAC files. Would be great if this were made a priority.
    I'm not sure about the current status of the OSX beta application, but for the full version I use in Windows, what you are wanting is available and standard. That is, I can select files/albums and "convert to" a DSP effect (e.g., ReplayGain). This simply will add the RG tags and not transcode at all. Perhaps the use of the term "convert to" is misleading in that context, as there is no "audio conversion" going on in my example.

The WD virtual cd 1110 is in the WD smart ware packaged with the MyBook I use for backup with Time Machine. Can it be deselectable, or at least can the accurate rip configuration be stopped.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I'm not sure about the current status of the OSX beta application, but for the full version I use in Windows, what you are wanting is available and standard. That is, I can select files/albums and "convert to" a DSP effect (e.g., ReplayGain). This simply will add the RG tags and not transcode at all. Perhaps the use of the term "convert to" is misleading in that context, as there is no "audio conversion" going on in my example.
    and note that some (many) DSPs and UTILITY CODECS must be installed separately from dbpoweramp. These can be downloaded and installed from here (note I'm a windows user, so not sure about status of OSX DSPs for download).

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

Side note: This is the only OS X app I've found that supports this feature for AAC files. Would be great if this were made a priority.
    Not entirely true, there's an OSX app I use called iVolume that does an amazing job with ReplayGain, and allows you to adjust the threshold at which it works. http://www.mani.de/en/ivolume/

Not to sidestep dBpoweramp, which I too am THRILLED to see ported over to Mac, but I just wnated to throw out the other app available.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    note I'm a windows user
    I am aware of the existence of Windows utility codecs. I am not a Windows user. I'm requesting that the utility codecs be released as standalone programs for OS X. Currently, they're only available as part of the transcoding process.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
    Not entirely true, there's an OSX app I use called iVolume that does an amazing job with ReplayGain, and allows you to adjust the threshold at which it works. http://www.mani.de/en/ivolume/

Not to sidestep dBpoweramp, which I too am THRILLED to see ported over to Mac, but I just wnated to throw out the other app available.
    Thanks, I had seen that and forgotten about it. Since I only needed it for one album, I was able to avoid overstepping the demo limit, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
    ...there's an OSX app I use called iVolume that does an amazing job with ReplayGain...

Thanks, I'd forgotten about iVolume, I have that from a bundle years ago. It'll keep me going until/if these features make it into DBPA

dBpoweramp Guru

I am aware of the existence of Windows utility codecs. I am not a Windows user. I'm requesting that the utility codecs be released as standalone programs for OS X. Currently, they're only available as part of the transcoding process.
    I'm sure that's part of the ultimate plan. Not a full service program if that is not done (eventually).

Hi Spoon,

Now that Apple has announced the release date for Yosemite (OSX 10.10) as October 16, I was wondering if you've compiled with the beta library. Or if you intend to do so.

Thanks for your obsessive dedication over these many years,

Mark

Administrator

Not yet no.

Just another note of appreciation for all the hard work porting to OSX . It really is much appreciated.

~M~

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

So happy there's an OS X version around. It worked really well for about 25 CD's. Then it got kinda hung up on secure ripping one track, re-reading 3 frames took forever and ever -- almost ... Had to eject the CD and quit dBPowerAmp. Now I have a problem. The ripper window is just as small as the first select windows, and it stays just white. I haven't been able to bring back the main window.
    I tried nuking app and the prefs file and reinstalling, tried rebooting, but same result.
    Also it crashes if I enter Prefences and click the secure settings ...
    Not sure how to proceed from here on.

Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 16.31.51 .png
    Last edited by flips; 10-05-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Adding screenshot

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Post Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

I get the normal functionality back if I create a new user on the system (Mavericks 10.9.5). But it would be nice to know what's messed up for my default user -- so I won't have to copy music from this new user all the time ... (I tried removing the plist prefs file and searched/looked for other files/dirs, with no luck.)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I managed to get it stuck with the same symptoms again. This time I just closed the review metadata window with the red/close button, and all dBPowerAmp windows are gone. And if I bring it back with Cmd+R or re-open the app, the ripper window is small a blank, and entering preferences, secure rip prefs causes a crash. (It seems to have forgotten my previously selected secure rip choice as well.)
    I guess I'll get it back in working condition with creating a new user, but removing the problem prefs file or whatever it is, would be better