title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter OS X Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    OS X 10.7 is not supported, only Mountain lion and newer.
    Thank you, I did not see any requirements. That will be sad to me but I can still run in in Windows in a VM.

Hello, Ive been a subscribed user for a while now...love the program - just changed to a iMac and was very pleased to see that you have a Beta version - which Im testing.

so far ...so good

all of my music collection is in FLAC (2 TB ) am keen to see the part you are working with regard to I tunes

Many thanks

Ray

Sorry Just noticed in W7 Version I can change naming conversion ( I like [track] [title] - [artist] ) mac version has Save in Dynamic artist folder

Hi Spoon,

can you say something about the CD-Text problem?
    Thanks!

Administrator

CD-Text is not supported on OS X by dBpoweramp, I am not sure it is something we can add.

Would be great if you can add CD-Text support!
    Do you know Dougscripts? He has wrote a script to add CD-Text support to iTunes. Maybe this script can help you to add CD-Text to dbpoweramp.

Here is the link to the script: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...cdtexttocdinfo

Thanks!

Just tried doing a MULTI encode to MP3 256kCBR and WAV 16bit from 44.1k/24bit WAV files. Adding DSP options, dither to 16bit and TAG manipulation, isn't quite as smooth as on the Windows version. In fact, it's really hard to tell if the DSP option 'took' or not. Will try again later.

Issues raised earlier seem to work fine now. Thanks Spoon.

Did another test and can't get the Force no date on year to work when ripping CDs. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Sylvain

Please ignore my previous issue on Force no date on year. It is working as it should. Finger problem.

Sylvain

Just read Newsletter of 9/22. Great News. Bought first Mac 12/2013. Love it. Almost have everything converted from Win. Installed dBpoweramp on today on OS X 10.9.5. Looking forward to everything else.

Hi Spoon

Changes made to track titles on the Review Metadata screen don't make it back to the main screen. Album, album artist, composer and album are all fine and changes do get updated on the main screen.

When launching dBpoweramp CD Ripper OS X it would be better if it kept my last profile, rather than going back to 'default'. Wondered why CD was not ripping successfully before i spotted this.

Still enjoying my lack of XP.

Tommay

I'm absolutely loving DB PowerAmp for Mac having just discovered it. I used it pre 2008 in my PC days

I've been trying to make things go wrong but all is remarkably stable here.

The only minor behaviour I find a little odd is with configuring the NAMING convention. When you use the '+' button to the right of each element, to select/insert into your naming string, that element is added to the end of the string rather than at the cursor position which I would have expected to be the insertion point.

I love the program as it is and would be happy to buy now to support it's continued development.

I do have some feature suggestions:-

Quote Originally Posted by Tommay View Post
    When launching dBpoweramp CD Ripper OS X it would be better if it kept my last profile, rather than going back to 'default'.
    +1 on this please, I'd also like to see this behaviour.

Other suggestions

Ability to Rip Cd to multiple formats at once
    I'd like to be able to create multiple versions from a single RIP, eg. Create a Flac version and an MP3 version (for iTunes). The perfect approach for me would be to allow ripping from multiple profiles simultaneously. This way our separate profile folder/filename tweaks would still be implemented.

A separate [yearonly] element to include just the first 4 digits of the year metadata
    Sometimes albums have a full release date in the YEAR tag metadata. Yes I know you can edit the Year field pre importing for each CD, but when you're on a roll importing many CDs you don't always spot it. I currently get around this using your excellent advanced programmable actions on elements, but I can see that being too complex for many users.

My Preferred formatting is ARTIST/YEAR - ALBUM/TRACK TRACKNAME - ARTIST (YEAR - ALBUM)

My String for this is:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[MAXLENGTH]4,[year][] - [album]/[track] [title] - [artist] ([MAXLENGTH]4,[year][] - [album])

But

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[yearonly] - [album]/[track] [title] - [artist] ([yearonly] - [album])

Would be easier to understand.

Ability To Select 'ALL' or 'None' when choosing which tracks to rip from CD
    I often wish to rip a single track from a CD with 20+ tracks, and that's a lot of time & clicking.

A 'Change Ambiguous Characters' option
    A simple alphabet conversion option (eg change 'Mötley Crüe' to 'Motley Crue') would be great so we don't end up with multiple folders for the same artist.

Thanks for such a fantastic product. Please keep up the great work

Mark.
    Last edited by MacOCD; 09-28-2014 at 08:18 AM.

I tried to convert an .m4b (audiobook) file into apple lossless and got this error:
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Users/mark/Desktop/04 The Lunatic Cafe.m4b' to '/Users/mark/Desktop/04 The Lunatic Cafe.m4a'
    Error m4a audio file is corrupt. [DecodeBlock]
    The .m4b file is known to be good.

OSX 10.9.5

I'd love to be able to use utility codecs/DSPs (specifically, ReplayGain with ITUNNORM support) without needing to transcode. The whole point of ReplayGain is to nondestructively normalize your music; transcoding defeats the purpose.

Side note: This is the only OS X app I've found that supports this feature for AAC files. Would be great if this were made a priority.

Screenshot 2014-09-28 22.20.12.jpg Hi

I've been using dBpoweramp on windows 7 on bootcamp a few years now, pleased to see it on OS. Inconvenient problem I have is that the ripper thinks my CD drive is WD virtual cd 1110 and is trying to configure accurate rip on it.. If I start the ripper with a CD already in the drive, I have the option to choose the CD drive and rip from there. Once the CD is ejected, I have to restart to get out of its attempt to configure accurate rip. I surmise that when installing originally, I may have chosen to configure accurate rip without noticing that it was not the cd drive connected. I have 2 external WD drives, a MyBook for Time Machine, and a MyBookWorld NAS. How can I delete this this virtual drive?

Thanks